Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

The Madhatter

Amazing detailing!

I broke down and bought the Bandai Star Destroyer with light kit which is leaps and bounds better than the old AMT kit, albeit a little smaller. After watching what you are doing with the Zvesda, I foresaw a ton of work to bring the AMT kit up to snuff. The Bandai kit I can live with OOB, and focus on the painting.

If I hadn't already have bought the Zvezda, I would have bought the Bandai kit. In a way I'm glad I didn't as I personally feel its too small, whereas the Zvezda is just right and is in roughly the same scale as some other capital ships like the Venator. 

Ive read about a few issues with the Bandai kit with light leaks and a bowed hull,  but none of them are insurmountable. 

Must be nice to be able to build something OOB. Might try it one day :lol:

thanks Neo - I must admit, I am also looking forward to the end :D

So, I finally got round to finishing off the spot lights up front and thought I'd do a dry fit /light test, and thought I would share my happy results

Yes, I probably should have gone with cool white, but I prefer the look of the warmer white.

IMG_8254

IMG_8253

IMG_8252

IMG_8250

Well, that's it but feel free to share your thoughts - good or bad.

As always, thanks for looking

Si

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Thought I would update this while I have some spare time.

Work continues on the sidewalls with only one wall left on the starboard side and only 2.5 left to do on the other

I am pretty happy with how its coming along.

IMG_8261

IMG_8263

IMG_8264

IMG_8266

IMG_8271

IMG_8257

I haven't quite finished the one above but I'm pretty much there

I'll post another update when I have finished the whole side

thanks as always for looking

Si

I had the top on briefly tonight whilst I was marking out where the next load of floodlights were going to go and I added the roof etc just to see how its looking. I am really happy with how it's looking! (just do what I do and look past the current gaps :D )

IMG_8274

IMG_8276

IMG_8275

I thought it's looking pretty frickin' cool myself. I just took those 3 pics then as I thought it looked good enough to share. Never mind the extraordinary orange wall behind. I try to forget it myself

thanks again

Si