Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

The Madhatter

Sadly it didn't due to the resin being too old. I've had to buy more resin today so am now waiting for that to arrive.  However, I'm also going to cheat and am scrapping the original base and have ordered a 3D printed tile in 1/2256 scale which I will take a mold of and cast numerous copies. This will give me a much more detailed base than I can make by hand. 

Edited by The Madhatter

While I wait for my new 3D printed tile to arrive, I have been quietly working away on the ship and have finally finished one side. Now I just need to start the other side....

Trying to get a shuffle on this one as I want it done for Expo next year (providing its on of course)

IMG_7890

IMG_7892

IMG_7893

IMG_7895

IMG_7896

IMG_7889

IMG_7904

IMG_7903

IMG_7901

IMG_7900

Well, that's it for now, but as always, thanks for looking!

Cheers

Si

You get used to it after a while and getting them to sit right becomes easier. I could put some at off angles but then they wouldn't flow right.  Im hoping to get some solid bench time this weekend so all being well,  the other side will come together quicker. Its mostly the edge panels that take the most amount of time to detail 

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky to get some free time this afternoon, so I took some pictures of where I am currently up to

I have been working on this as well as the Batmobile and have actually got quite a bit done. I have cemented my base plans and I'll show you a picture later on of what I have in mind. So, I have been casting multiple copies of my very expensive 3D printed DS tile ready to layout on the sheet and that has consumed a fair amount of time so far, but TBH, it's not hard to mix up a batch of resin  and make a copy while waiting for the spuds to cook or what have you.

The surface detailing is coming along nicely. The main concentrations have been finished and now its just time to fill it out and then crack on with the side walls (what I have also started but not got very far with)

IMG_7943

IMG_7929

IMG_7926

IMG_7938

And this is rough layout of how the base is going to go:

IMG_7924

Well, that's it for this update, but the next one will likely be the completion of the lower hull and more work on the base

As always, thanks for continually coming in here and having a look

Si

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Thought I would update this quickly while I had some spare time. As I have said previously, I have made a good start on the base. Most of my time has been spent making casts but I have actually cemented stuff together. The main service trench has been made and I am now making the lower level details. I've tried to make it look under construction but I think I may have made it also look like it's destroyed. Not sure which yet.naturally, there will be some lighting in amongst all this to give it more life.

I've quite enjoying making the base so far and if it goes like what's in my head, then this will be awesome. Maybe even better than the ship? Too early to say but here's where I am at currently:

IMG_7944 IMG_7948

IMG_7951

IMG_7962

IMG_7959

IMG_7958

IMG_7956

IMG_7953

Well, that's it for now but once I'll update again once I have something worthwhile showing

As always, thanks for stopping by and having a look

Si