ICM I-153

TimW

Looking forward to your build Tim.  

I have my ICM kit built up and ready for some minor seem putty.  The kit just simply falls together.   I totally agree with your AMS statement above.  

Recommendation.  I did open up the female pin holes receptors on the one fuselage side,  just slightly reamed them out to get a perfect fit for the fuselage seem.   Other than that minor issue and a few small areas here and there, the I-153 just come together without any fuss.  

The exhaust stack location template is also innovating.   Compared to the ICM Rata, the I-153 was a dream for the exhaust stack locations.    

The spiny gear legs are also better mounted on the I-153 compared to the ICM Rata.  They even managed to mold the round pulleys for the gear retraction system.  Awesome kit for a weekend or two.  

Troy   

Indeed.   I have some pics...gotta get them into Imgur and all that.

It's refreshing when you have a kit that seems to consist of so few parts.

Going to go with Red 4 (the one with the white rudder).

Also have this in the mail to go with it:

https://military.scale-model-kits.com/products/VVS-RKKA-Pilots-1939-1942-ICM32102.html

Ok, not a lot to see, but the this is not an overly complex kit.

I also have the Silver Wings resin kit--but haven't generated the gumption to build that one, at least not yet.

But I have decided to use the "White 75" decals from it (keeping the ICM ones in the decal bank).  This'll be an olive green and black camo pattern over light blue.  Pretty basic.

mKMw7LT.jpg

VfXYruE.jpg

This is early war, so I removed the rocket/bomb attachment points.   Probably should have just left them alone, but oh well.  I was originally going to do a Khalkin Gol Chaika, but changed my mind.  Still need to touch up the wheel well bay.  And you could really go nuts detailing that, but as this a/c is going to be on a base, I decided not to do that.

GC9MviX.jpg

Hello Tim, i did mine I-153 recently, WIP thread - maybe you will find it useful:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/75355-icm-i-153-chaika-early-conversion-132/&

Gallery:

You can take elements from SW kit - it is better detailed. Remember to fill this gap - non existant on real plane.

Ghg62Pz.jpg

Good luck!