AH-64 "peten" Matrix IAF.

Babs

Hello, I will try to make this project not so easy as there is little help in terms of "goodies" proposed in the modelling market.
Normally this is to achieve an AH-64A upgraded as for the  D to the equipment level.
Peten is the name given to the AH-64 A, Matrix is the adjective given to the upgrade version.

img_1410.jpg

There will be a lot of appendages on the model, first eliminate everything that does not fit and start to put the bases of the different elements to apply on the fuselage.

img_1712.jpg

img_1713.jpg

img_1714.jpg

img_1716.jpg

Faded or missing rivets should normally be completed with Micromark decals, it will be long and not so simple, to start with the rear rudder.

img_1711.jpg

Small parts like the controls to start smoothly.

img_1710.jpg

Babs.

I will follow with interest. I would like to eventually also build an IAF Peten. There is an Isradecal publication on the Peten  and some aftermarket decals (but in 1/35 and the Revell kit is 1/32).

Cheers,

David

2 hours ago, Dukie99 said:

I will follow with interest. I would like to eventually also build an IAF Peten. There is an Isradecal publication on the Peten  and some aftermarket decals (but in 1/35 and the Revell kit is 1/32).

Cheers,

David

Hi Dukie, yes the book about the Peten and Saraf is really good.
Regarding the decals, nothing exists on the market but the current printing techniques on blank decals become exellentes, and then I will try to find solutions.
I have the decals from  Sky's 1/35 and there are really too few stencils, I think nothing recover except for the "Magic touch" badge if it is the right size.

Thanks.

Hello,
I had considered opening the storage bay, after that I added a frame on which come to close the door.

img_1719.jpg

The interior with some details of the surfaces, once closed, there will probably be little to look at all that, furthermore I intend to place some items like bags, RBF tags.

img_1718.jpg

img_1720.jpg

Babs.

Hello,
The walls of the storage bay are painted and glued, as expected not much to see but we can distinguish the interior of the opposite door anchors and rivets of the floor.

img_1724.jpg

The two front panels are a bit detailed, the one in gray is from Cobra company.
One of the protective panels is in the deployed position, shown with a folded copper foil.

img_1717.jpg

img_1723.jpg

img_1721.jpg

The part in front of the rear panel is increased in volume, a small bag is fixed on the top.

img_1722.jpg

Babs.

Hello,
I just realized that the cockpit of the "Peten" improved is different than what has just done with the two front panels.
Several flat screens are present as the AH-64 D but placed differently, references that I have is not sufficient, I leave this part of the pending job.

An important element of the machine is the 30 mm gun.
The set from Master is good but not enough, some details are needed.
With the Flighpath kit, the cable cutter and the small back face can be used.
The protective frame is of round section and the proposed photoetching is a nonsense.
The end of the barrel of Master is very very fragile, I advise to place it at the very last moment of the assembly, here it is placed for the photo.

img_1811.jpg

img_1812.jpg

img_1810.jpg

img_1813.jpg

Babs