Any Desert Ju87D camo profiles?

Thunda

Hi All,

like the title says, does anyone know where I could find some decent desert camoflage profiles or photos for the Ju87 Dora? Looking to build some sort of RLM 78/79 coloured version, or one which has the RLM 70/71 splinter camo with desert 'additions' of 79. One without the u/c spats would be even better.

Any assistance would be appreciated as googling doesnt really bring much up.

2 hours ago, BradG said:

Wings Palette is the site you want.

I often look at that site.

But I wonder how correct all those profiles are ? Not that it matters that much to me.

Edited by Erwin

Nothing really interesting on Wings Palette on this subject, other than one 78/79 scheme or the El Alamein Stg3 scheme that you get with the Hasegawa D kit. At this rate I think Ill end up making one up...

Hmmmm- yeah, Ive seen the British one, but I wanted to do something like a well worn Luftwaffe version (Ive got a spatless conversion to put on it) with something like one of the Ju87B schemes Ive seen eg spliter camo with RLM 79 patterns over it, or 78/79 with Italian green blocks like this:http://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/luft/pab87a.jpg

Maybe I should just do one anyway....

On 7/26/2018 at 5:48 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Thats a good looking Stuka scheme 

I'd be a little suspicious of the two tone sand scheme on that one.  There was one sand color in the RLM range and that was RLM 79.  It seems the B had more varied and interesting desert schemes, overall 79, 79 with 80 splotches, 79 applied in bands over the 70/71 etc.  I've seen Doras with some 79 applied over the 70/71 but that's about it.

Agreed, but Ive read that left over Italian paint was used at squadron level to 'customise' certain aircraft. Seems weird there would be so many interesting 'B' camo's but none for the 'D'.

This looks as though it might be splinter 'plus': Stuka1943a.jpg

Or this?:

167afa866c6ba6f0d3cffa46cdc2fad5--luftwa

Edited by Thunda
Edit: This is actually the profile for Maketars stencils.

Hard to tell, "S7+EP' looks like it could just be 70/71 after a few months of abuse in the desert climate.  I find the addition of some sand color over the original greens plausible but the sand and light brown just seems a bit far fetched.  I need some compelling evidence for that one.  Looks cool though.