mpk

Hello everyone. It is difficult to explain...

Hi all.

You may remember me, I am the guy that joined the site while a little ill. I survived my illness to the surprise of everyone. I have not posted here in a while due to my being rather self conscious regarding my behavior. I believe I made some people uncomfortable. Which I fully understand.

Surviving such an illness has its cost. A cost I am fully prepared to pay and I am not complaining. In fact I am amazed. All told I had 256 regular treatments, plus a further 34 via lumbar puncture, of the strongest and only chemo that actually damages the brain. Plus 19 months on a mind altering experimental drug...

If anything it has shown me that never giving up is a virtue. No matter how sick one gets, never give up.

I made friends here. There are so many kind and patient people on this site. I miss my friends but I remain embarrassed and self conscious regarding my brain damage. I never go out. I no longer play music. I have never had brain damage before and don't know what to do. The only cure it seems is time.

Anyway, I still model and have now completed 2 1/48 kits. It seems 1/32 may take more work than I can handle but I am trying.

My good friend Martin has been a great support and I respect and admire him for it. I miss Harv, Marus...

Understanding what I am telling you, that I am not insane but the organ in my head has been physically damaged, should I come back?

Please forgive my indulgence here in this post. This is not an easy post to make and yet I feel I owe it to those who know me.

Yours. Dale.

Dale, first and foremost this is a place to build 1/32 kits. Plan, build, show your work, interact with others, study, learn, and enjoy our hobby. We all have gone through phases in life; the coming back is the key.

Dig out a 1/32 kit, and tuck in.

1 hour ago, mpk said:

Anyway, I still model and have now completed 2 1/48 kits. It seems 1/32 may take more work than I can handle but I am trying.

Welcome back!:hi:

Personally, I have been wondering about you Dale.

You might not remember me but we met last winter.

I also would like to say welcome back, and if you are up to it could you do us a favor and share with us the names of the three model kits you are referring to, both the 1/48th as well as the 1/32.

If you are able to, pictures would be nice also.

If you need help in posting them, say so.

Posted (edited)

Hello Dale..

well thank goodness you are ALRIGHT  :clap2:

.... I had written to you via PM but did think you were probably recuperating from it all.. 

it is SO good to hear from you on the Forum .Nice to see you still have your inimitable ways about you which is AWESOME. 

Your Aussie humor still there I see ..:coolio:

You have gone through a lot and come through  pretty  amazingly.... I  told you you'd see your niece reach adulthood..Dale Keeping up and having that tenacity to fight your Big C... these past 2-3 years have been traumatic but you are strong  will to live is EVEN MORE STRONGER  so well done  and it's fantastic to see you post your heartfelt comments on here.  I appreciate that you did that. Bravo.:wub:

Don't apologize for anything... the main thing that matters is that you are amongst friends and this is like yoyr FAMILY. 

Your illness does not define you and slowly you WILL find that you want to play your Drums even if  the rhythm is out of sync.( so who cares )..

Dale you know where I am at and if you need ANOTHER CARE package just say the word ...NO don't bother!

when I return from PHOENIX  (Yeah I had this silly idea to go to the NATS show and see all this badass LSP members  SO I am going) I will put together a package similar to last one and maybe throw in a 1:32 scale kit as a belated Birthday gift.

so now go have your Cup of Chai and relax and watch BEAUTIFUL  builds.

Dale.... it really made MY day to know you are fine ( don't worry about any ills you have.... if you interact with us and people around you ;you will feel a whole better and even play drums again....    :beer4:  )(subliminal conditioning there).

okay  I have to

Edited by MARU5137
Spelling!

Okay   I gave to go...

will catch up with you later and Will PM you once I am free.

:fight:  sorry about the unfinished post above.. the LSP glitched and refused to let ME edit or finish the sentence.

hence the new post..

Dale,PM ME when you can.  :rolleyes:

okay need to dash. DEAR FRIEND you take care and if you need a sounding board to sound off You know WHERE I AM..

Best wishes and   :post1: BACK:beer4::m0152:

Posted (edited)

Apology  for the rude words on the podcast ... those who don't know  about DALE CLEARY  and here  is Dale who has played with famous people.

Apologies if you have seen this before.  KUDOS TO DALE..

▶ Episode 10 - Dale Cleary (Master Teacher, Percussionist) by The Deconstructed Drummer Podcast
https://m.soundcloud.com/thedeconstructeddrummer/episode10

Watch "Chemo Drummer Solo Episode.1" on YouTube

Watch "Chemo Drummer Solo Episode.2" on YouTube

Edited by MARU5137

Dale, very very good to hear from you, and as all the others already said, no worries mate, keep on modelling and be a part of this community.

J.