1/32 ZM Ta-152 H-O

Ryan

22 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Both are on Ebay right now, but at a premium.

That's what I meant; Sprue Bros, Scale Hobbyist, Volks, everyone lists it as "available" in theory, but no one actually has it in stock.

I think that's why a few Japanese retailers on Ebay are asking bigger prices for the few that are out there.

I have an excellent track record of really getting into a well known kit that has been out for a long time, and then deciding "it's time to buy it" only to realize it's nowhere to be had at that moment! 

The last time this happened was with the Meng 1/32 Me-163.  The thing just disappeared from retailers around the world for a while.  It's back now.

Edited by ringleheim

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Me too, as my collection of recently purchased OOP Wingnut kits can attest to. :(

I just put an email in to Volksusa.  I'll report what I hear.

Surely I can't be the only person watching your build thread, Ryan, and thinking "I need this kit myself!"

:clap2:

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Well thanks Mr. Heim, I hope to post more substantial updates soon.

Ryan, did you consider buying any of the add-on bits that ZM offers for this?  Like the P/E flaps or metal landing gear?  Just wondering if you think it needs it, now that you have seen the plastic in the flesh.

Thanks! 

Jim

I have heard back from VOLKS USA.  They said something like there is no plan to re-stock this kit "at this time." 

I don't know if that means it's discontinued permanently, or if it just means what they say, that at this moment, there is no plan for a re-stock, perhaps implying that could change at any time rolling forward.

I will keep a closer eye out for these on Ebay and elsewhere on the secondary market.

Maybe someone else will benefit from this info.

Looking forward to the next update, Ryan!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

still slugging away at this one.

Over sanded the MG doors and lost detail so I  scabbed on some latches to replace....not really happy with is and will likely source another part and replace them.

49744063978_9cd049b135_c.jpgThe great shame by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Should be painting the pit soon.

• 6 months later...