Italeri TF-104

alaninaustria

For sure, Ive been looking forward to a two seat 104 for a LONG time, but every time I looked at the Cygnus TF-104 conversion for the Has kit,  I just would close the site page and move on, as I never had the want to deal with AM resin and vac for a two seat 104.

Now that the TF-104 will be out in IM, I'm really looking forward to it. 

19 hours ago, GDW said:

gATsXWP.jpg

I'm looking forward to this release too. Ever since I saw Jef Verswyvles two seat 104 years ago, I have wanted to try converting the Haseagawa F-104 but could not work up the courage.

I did do it for the 1/48 scale Zipper of Monogram and it worked. Of course Hasegawa then arrived on the scene...For the 32 scale conversion you had to chop up a Tamiya F-14 cockpit hood to make the 2 parts for the zipper...in 48 scale the same recipe applied...nerves of steel. A Dutch modeller (Pieter Posthumus) was the one who invented the conversion process actually for the 32 2-seat Zipper. Jef copied this quite well.  

14 minutes ago, timvkampen said:

I did do it for the 1/48 scale Zipper of Monogram and it worked. Of course Hasegawa then arrived on the scene...For the 32 scale conversion you had to chop up a Tamiya F-14 cockpit hood to make the 2 parts for the zipper...in 48 scale the same recipe applied...nerves of steel. A Dutch modeller (Pieter Posthumus) was the one who invented the conversion process actually for the 32 2-seat Zipper. Jef copied this quite well.  

Pieter Posthumus: pnxm49BCj

• 2 weeks later...