1/48 Italeri S-2E Tracker

titan8251

Andy...... this one or rather the "A" is on my list, is it as really as bad as everyone says? I want to get the Kinetic A version..................... but don't really need a lot of head aches...... also what AM are you going to use? Apparently there is a ton of it out there...... I will be watching your build with much interest

Jeff

On 7/25/2018 at 9:37 AM, Jeff said:

Andy...... this one or rather the "A" is on my list, is it as really as bad as everyone says? I want to get the Kinetic A version..................... but don't really need a lot of head aches...... also what AM are you going to use? Apparently there is a ton of it out there...... I will be watching your build with much interest

Jeff

Jeff,

Hello, there are really no fit issues with the kit. at all.  The "A" is the same kit with the shorter fuselage.  Having said that there is nothing wrong fit wise.  There are some accuracy issues, off of the top of my head there is the squared off archway on the aft cockpit bulkhead.  Should be rounded at the top not Square.  Not sure if the A was different, but the kit weapon bay is too long putting the weapon bay door past the prop arch.  The shape of the forward fuselage is off but most people live with it.  The panel lines are soft in some spots and disappear at some spots as well.  Other than that its a decent kit.

As far as the aftermarket stuff goes, I am using the Eduard  Big Ed set , D-mold fuselage and nacelle correction, Quickboost pylons,props,engines.  Aires wheels and scratch building what I can.  I will say that if you deiced to go with the D-mold fuselage correction, you cannot use the Eduard fuselage PE stiff as it corrects the shape of the forward fuselage.  Hope this helps.

Andy

Edited by titan8251
spelling

It does............ thanks Andy..............my goal would be to do a Conair Firecat..... I just have to get the decal set from Syhart resized to start with, then a TON of civvie mods......

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

Very nice work so far!  

The Tracker is a carrier plane that seems to be seldom modeled.  I'll look forward to seeing your project come along!

I agree, although I’ve built 3 of them, the wing joint is tricky and it takes a load of weight to get the nose wheel down!

ill make a target of myself and admit I deleted the round engines and put turbines on one of mine. I did nowhere near the level of detail as on this build.

amazing work here!