Does anyone make custom paint masks?

Hello everyone,

I'm just curious if anyone here does paint masks for markings. I used Randy (sluggo) before but he seems to no longer be with us so I'm on the search again for someone willing to take on a bit of a challenge for a few P-51s I'd like to do.

Thanks,

Brady

• 7 months later...
On 7/24/2018 at 10:09 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

What exactly are you needing masks for?

I want a set of masks for the P-51D "Man O' War" and its Zebra stripes. 

DN models still is supposedly too busy to help me even after the guy's wife told me I had to wait for them to get home to Bulgaria from the U.S. so they had their Tamiya P-51 kit in their hands. Now that they are home they are still too busy three months later after waiting a month for them to go home before that.

I just want to know is there someone who can help me here.

Thanks,

Brady

There are a lot of guys producing paint masks for sale these days, but not many who are willing to do custom work. Mal Mayfield used to, but gave it up (though he still sells his existing sets). It might be worth contacting Alek from Maketar, but I suspect he's no longer in a position to do bespoke sets either. Doesn't hurt to ask, however.

Failing that, it might be time to consider a Silhouette Portrait cutter, and then you can do it yourself!

Kev

On 3/3/2019 at 3:10 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Best $120 I ever spent.

Just now, karimb said:

+1

+2!!

IMHO, one of the best modeling investments you can make. For roughly the cost of a detailed 1/32nd fighter, you can get a machine that will open up whole new worlds to you. Ive pretty much stopped having to limit myself to only schemes contained in pre-made decals and paint masks.  Well, WELL worth the asking price. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

+2!!

IMHO, one of the best modeling investments you can make. For roughly the cost of a detailed 1/32nd fighter, you can get a machine that will open up whole new worlds to you. Ive pretty much stopped having to limit myself to only schemes contained in pre-made decals and paint masks.  Well, WELL worth the asking price. 

+3

I just got mine so I'm still learning but it has been surprisingly easy so far.  I'm working on this and all the markings are masks made with my Silhouette.

pl0qObGGj

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 12:59 PM, Durangokid said:

+3

I just got mine so I'm still learning but it has been surprisingly easy so far.  I'm working on this and all the markings are masks made with my Silhouette.

pl0qObGGj

Hi Durangokid,

I didn't see your project. Do you mind posting it again?

Thanks,

Brady