Sukhoi SU-30 MK2 5th. Anniversary/200 years Independence

mgbgtv8steve

Hi All - just about to get started on the mighty Trumpeter SU 30 kit and i'm looking for details ref cockpit interior colours - standard Russian green or 'Western' greys?

Amy help gratefully accepted.

Regards

Steve S.

9 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Not sure what is "standard Russian green", probably famous MiG-21 to -31 cockpit Turquoise, but Su-30 cockpit is blue. 

http://mrpaint.sk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=274 - for early su-27 family and 

http://mrpaint.sk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=372 - for late Su-'s 

After closer look onto second color I'm really not sure it is suitable. It is too light.

So I'd stick with the first one, maybe lightened a bit with white.

Thanks guys for all this info - very helpful.

I'm gonna go with Mr. Paint MRP-001 Turquoise green - seems very close to me, but any further, more accurate suggestions, gratefully received!

Regards,

Steve S.

Steve... 

Maybe you'll find this thread over on BM helpful. So judge yourself: FINISHED! Russian Aircraft Cockpit Interior Turquoise & Emerald Comparison Chart

2277_D16_B-_CDDA-4_DE3-8_CF4-_F0_D6_C012

Top row (1)

966 - Vallejo model color (mc) turquoise 966. Very blue and dark. 

838 - Vallejo mc emerald 838. What it says on the tin, a classic emerald in my opinion. 

808 - Vallejo mc blue green 808, To me this is more of what a turquoise colour is than 996. Too blue as it is though?

838/808 - A custom 50/50 mix of 808 & 838. I think this has the right balance between being neither too blue or too green.  Turned out very similar to the Akan shade. 

'Eduard etch match' -  This is a Vallejo mc mix by eye to paint and touch up the cockpit using the eduard etch from the 'Indian service' boxing. I used some of the 996 turquoise to get towards this shade. 

840 - vallejo light turquoise. Last on top row. Quite bluish. 

Second Row (2)

AK - ak interactive Air 2301 cockpit turquoise from their soviet 1950-70 set. A proper turquoise shade, turns out similar to the 50/50 mix of 808/838 I made above. 

MIG - Mig ammo Interior turquoise. 

More of an emerald colour to me than described as a turquoise. Could be the same paint as Vallejo 838

Akan Emerald (faded) This is in alot of their Soviet plane sets. What it says on the tin. 

Hataka (orange lacquer line) cockpit blue green from the post 2000 polish AF set with the Mig-29 on the box. A nice slightly dirty/greyish shade. 

Revell 55 matt light green. Spotted this the other day in the off chance whilst in a hobbycraft! A very light colour, but for 1/144 could be good? Or over a dark primer in a larger scale?

Mission models 096 - Grey blue cockipit camo modern russian jets. 

A surprisingly slightly greenish colour. Not sure if it would look that way in isolation? 

Third Row (3)

MRP-1 - Mr Paint interior turquoise. 

Very bright and on the green side. More of an emerald?

H46 - Mr Hobby Aqueous H46 emerald. This is what eduard recommend to be used in their mig-21 bis profipack boxing - Straight H46. 

H46/25 - Next is a 50/50 mix of mr hobby aqueous H25 sky blue and the above H46 emerald. Supposed to be a good match for the etch and shown here on britmodeller somewhere too. Not tested it out myself yet. Seems quite dark?

Mr CLR Eduard - The most recent Eduard recommend mix using Mr Color lacquers that is in the majority of their mig-21 instructions now. Including the new 1/72 MiG-21 interceptor. If it is to match their latest painted etch I don't know? It is however a nice compromise between turquoise and emerald. Mix is 60% C34 sky blue, then 20% each of C66 light green & C80 cobolt blue. 

Mr CLR HB - The  shade suggested in the new Hobbyboss 1/48 Mig-31. Quite a greyish pale emerald green. Mr color paints. 

The mix is 85% of C74 blue and 15% C6 Green. 

Fourth Row (4)

MM - Model master Enamel soviet interior blue green. Rather dull and grey, leaning towards more emerald. 

TMY - A custom tamiya mix I made by eye a while back using blue, yellow and white to match the decals in a weekend edition Mig-21SMT. Very similar to the new eduard instructions mr color shade I just mixed for this comparison. Coincidence?

MRP-49 - Mr Paint Light Grey Blue, Russian aircraft interiors and cockpits. Just for this comparison to what it's like. 

Revell - 365 Patina green. As recommended in their 1/48 Rebox of the ICM MiG-25. Too dark and green. 

Xtracolour Enamel - Soviet Blue Green. A bit dull and greyish in this company. 

MMP-100 - Mission models interior emerald. Very similar to the akan in hue but lighter in tone. 

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich