Bf-109 E-4 'Yellow 13' of Lt. Josef Eberle

This aircraft was built from the Eduard premium kit with supplied brass etch and masks, only addition I made was the map in the cockpit. Painted with Mr Colour lacquer paints used with 400 leveller thinners.

This interesting camouflage schemes were rendered on the aircraft of JG 54 by the unit’s ground personnel in the summer of 1940. They applied vertical to diagonal lines of RLM 71 in an attempt to darken the light blue fuselage sides. The standard scheme of 02/71/65 was applied, along with the quick identification attributes. The period scheme was applied to Yellow ‘13’, with which, on August 12, 1940, Lt. Josef Eberle managed to cross the Channel and belly land in France despite personal injury. The wingtips and fin of Eberle’s aircraft were painted RLM 27 Yellow, lighter than RLM 04 that the spinner, tactical number and background of the III./JG 54 emblem were painted. The bottom wing color RLM 65 extended marginally to the upper surface. Some sources erroneously identify this aircraft as an E-3. Despite having tempted fate once over the Channel, he was not as successful on October 9, 1940, when he lost his life in combat with RAF fighters.

aJNLfGHl.jpg

zKIUED4l.jpg

bzmgZfel.jpg

PXmpQR4l.jpg

ahrvdz0l.jpg

E6PFDQGl.jpg

oMp9L6Rl.jpg

o5FevRdl.jpg

ppBWFvGl.jpg

GzylXizl.jpg

Kq3v7tvl.jpg

Thanks for looking :-) 

Edited by David Mooney

On 7/23/2018 at 10:52 AM, Gazzas said:

Great 109!  I'm currently building the weekend edition of the same kit.  The fit of some of the parts is interesting to say the least.

Gaz

I'd say even using the term 'fit' in your statement would be being optimistic to say the least, but it does come up quite well in the end. Look forward to seeing yours posted