Suggestions?

Anthony in NZ

1 hour ago, Bradleygolding said:

Yes I thought about an Avro504K and N afterwards and wondered about WNW? Not for the N of course....

Actually, I'm hopeful that if WNW do the 504 (please) there would be some precedent for the N, given that they have done the DH9A, Brisfit and Snipe in post-war editions.

1 hour ago, Bradleygolding said:

... As for the Beagle, I thought that was basically an Auster on steroids? So if you got one you, could convert to the other?

As you say, an Auster on steroids.  I dare say you could convert it, but it would be a lot of work.  It may seem an esoteric choice, but in my younger days I had a few happy hours in XW635.

Edited by MikeC
The usual reason - typo!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have just realized about this topic here. Next time you can ping me directly at silverwings@silverwings.pl.

When it comes to the Texan, we dropped the idea as Kittyhawk's T-6 was released as plastic injected kit. This means, that despite poor accuracy, it will always sell better than even best resin kit. Unfortunately, this is how the market operates these days. In people's minds resin kits are harder to assembly and it is mostly related to the type of glue one needs to use in case of any resin kit (however, market offers new types of glue which doesn't bond immediately). Also the quality is always considered to be less more crisp from plastic kit. This one is not always true as we all know, but that is how mass psychology works. In the end, we end up with a decent resin kit, which unfortunately doesn't sell as well as even poorer plastic injected one. People are also afraid of resin kits' voulnerability to warmth, which is not true in case of the modern types of resin we use.

From our perspective, Tiger Moth would be a great subject and we have been considering it for a long period of time. We would appreciate your suggestions regarding accurate documentation and selection of variants vs operating country. Kindly, please send your comments to silverwings@silverwings.pl.

Cheers,

Simon

Simon, thank you for your very encouraging answer, I take on board completely your comments about the perceived merits of resin v IM, and I guess that's just the way it is with many modellers. However many, perhaps most of your kits are aimed at a minority of more experienced and probably discerning modellers who yearn for the less popular subjects. So KH have produced a T-6, or in my language a Harvard Mk II but I go back to my earlier comment about a Mk I which derived from the earlier SNs and also strongly resemble the Australian Wirraway, so masses of potential builds there. 

Tiger Moths are well documented, it should be easy to find drawings but if not I can probably help.

Regards

Max 

Edited by mozart

Hi Simon

Thank you so very much for responding, and great to know the Tiger Moth is in consideration!

I have access to a few Tigers, but as far as accurate drawings go, John from Aeroclub would have to be the best person when it comes to the Moth family.  I know on ebay there are detailed scanned original manuals available on CD.

I cant locate John's email, he's a great guy and very knowledgeable on this type of thing.  I see him posting on BM, maybe someone has a contact for him??

Let me know if there is any way I can help out, it would be a pleasure!

Cheers

Anthony 

On 9/11/2018 at 4:49 AM, topper71 said:

Hi  at All,

I have an another suggestions

Grumman J-2F duck or  SBC- Helldiver biplane

regards topper71

11 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Duck would be good!

7 hours ago, Jan_G said:

I'm in for the Duck as well :)

15 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

I'd buy a duck.

Yep + #5.   A Duck would be awesome. Big need to fill with some of these wonderful flying boats/sea planes.