Suggestions?

Anthony in NZ

On 9/7/2018 at 10:33 PM, mozart said:

Tiger Moths are well documented, it should be easy to find drawings but if not I can probably help.

That is correct, but like in many other cases - half of the existing documentation is worthless, sorry to say that. We have been beaten up too many times for trusting in soome well recognized publications, hence prefer now to be extra cautious. 

On 9/10/2018 at 9:13 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Let me know if there is any way I can help out, it would be a pleasure!

Yes Anthony, I would appreciate a PM regarding which publications would you recommend as the most reliable and comprehensive. Also some suggestions on particular versions (we all know not all of the dozens of versions are worth considering) would be much welcome (providing we want to use one fuselage covering as many countries/versions as possible).

Thank you for your help Gentlemen.

Simon

Edited by Silver Wings

11 minutes ago, Silver Wings said:

That is correct, but like in many other cases - half of the existing documentation is worthless, sorry to say that. We have been beaten up too many times for trusting in some well recognized publications, hence prefer now to be extra cautious. 

Simon

I am not referring to well recognised publications Simon, I'm talking factory drawings.  A local friend has restored several Tiger Moths to WW2 condition and has a CD which, from memory, contains most if not all the factory drawings.  I'm sure he could do me a copy if it's of use.

Max

• 11 months later...

Hi Troy, thanks for asking. This year has been challenging for us in terms of ensuring the continuity of production. The truth is that modelling community is aging, also on the manufacturers' side. Some of our colleagues and contributors were retiring this year and we were focused on the knowledge and know-how transition. With that said, we had lesser time for providing new releases. This year, we have only managed to release the Yak-9 in 1:32. However, a few months ago we started another journey into the British aviation history. We plan one more 1:32 release this year, and this subject is truly widely known all over the world. More information to come soon :) Simon

Edited by Silver Wings

15 minutes ago, Silver Wings said:

However, a few months ago we started another journey into the British aviation history. We plan one more 1:32 release this year, and this subject is truly widely known all over the world. More information to come soon :) Simon

great news Simon! thanks for the info

so we are looking for the announcement :)

jan

British subject, widely known all over the world.  Hmmmmm.  Can you give us a time stamp on when it actually came out?  

You will have a lot of speculation and make our U.K and commonwealth fans excited.  Free advertisement and endless “I can’t wait for it to be named” comments coming from LSP for the remainder of 2019!   

Im excited here.  Thanks for sharing this news Simon.   Looking forward to this one as usual..  

Troy