Suggestions?

Anthony in NZ

21 minutes ago, mozart said:

but not where they were built Richard!

Go on then. DeHavilland Canada built Tiger Moths. Australia built Tiger Moths. Wikipedia (yes, I know) lists New Zealand, Sweden, Norway and Portugal as builders - not assemblers

It isn't easy to dig that information out of McKay's 'DeHavilland Moths in Detail' as the cronology of production is spread through the various model types so I'll ask you

How many countries of production are you disputing?

Richard

Not “disputing” in the slightest Richard, sounds rather confrontational to me and that’s not my style at all. I note that Wikipedia says:

132 Tiger Moths were completed in New Zealand by de Havilland Aircraft of New Zealand. 23 were built in Sweden as the Sk.11 by AB Svenska Järnvägsverkstädernas Aeroplanavdelning, 91 were built in Portugal by OGMA, and another 38 in Norway by Kjeller Flyfabrikk (some sources say 37 so the first may have been assembled from a kit) in addition to a large number of aircraft that were assembled from kits shipped from the UK.

3 hours ago, mozart said:

Not “disputing” in the slightest Richard, sounds rather confrontational to me and that’s not my style at all.

Then please accept my apologies. I'm very aware that text based forums like this are open to misinterpretation

It still leaves 'British' aeroplanes being built in Canada and Australia - and I doubt either country would think of themselves as British*

Richard

*I lived in Quebec for a while so I'm aware of what they may think of Brits :D

49 minutes ago, Bobs Buckles said:

I could be tempted to dip my gout inflicted toe into Post WW1 subjects. That subject being this beautiful Moth :frantic::wub:

Von Buckle 

It's exciting Bob isn't it?  I hope Simon may post some pictures before too long of the mouldings etc just so that we can drool a little longer!

9 hours ago, topper71 said:

Hi at all, 

I hope that the next silver Wings models is the Heinkel 112 with  some decals romanian, hungarian, german, and spanish civil war, and the american subject  a Jf2 Duck  or a sbc-4 Helldiver biplane were nice , no ??

Regards topper71

Hello Topper. Some good suggestions there but for the German plane I’d love it to be a Bucker Bu181 Bestmann! A beautiful little aeroplane and extensively used for pilot training. There are  examples around for Simon and his team to examine and of course the Bestmann was used by other countries so lots of cool colour schemes out there. Some were also used late war in a tank busting role, so room for AM stuff or scratch building! 

Edited by mozart

22 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

La -5.   Razorback.   LaGG 3,  would compliment the Yak -9!,,,,Please?  

Japanese.  Kikka!  

German- Me 108.  .  

I’d welcome the Bf108 Troy, the others don’t do it for me but then, heck, I’ll have the Tiger Moth, Demon, Siskin, Bulldog and Hart keeping me busy!

i'm not sure if it's really what you 'do' at Silverwings, but I have always had a soft spot for some of the German reconnaissance planes and also German seaplanes I made as a boy from the likes of Matchbox

the seaplanes would all probably be huge in 1/32, but there is certainly lots of variety there

the reconnaissance planes might work though?

German = naturally sells as people like the bad guys (for whatever reason, and no wish to discuss why etc)

quirky = no-one else is going to do one

not too big = cost kept within reason

not a biplane = because everyone apart from WNW devotees hates rigging (joke)

i am normally a boring Me109, Fw190 guy, but I would buy one of these in 1/32 in a heartbeat, and would put down a deposit if needed

s-l1600.jpg