Supermarine WALRUS by HPH

AEROPOXY

10 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Great job.

Did you do the full interior? How did the wings go on? Looks like you've adjusted the canopy a little? Did you have any trouble squaring off the wings and tail? Was the fuselage straight?

Thanx for the nice words, to all.

Yes, full interior  completed, despite more than a half will never be seen again. But i know what's inside...

Wings, i do it separate, see the photo attached,  connected with four 2,5mm steel wire pins.

4L21AIY.jpg

Canopy was made by instructions ,  and real plane wartime  photos , no changes.

Squaring wings and tail is troublesome , but  in few dry fitting and adjusting steps , looks OK.

Fuselage was little warped, but its thin, and with all the inner rib structure , fits more or less OK, need some superglue as a filer  in some places.

I love Walruses , build Airfix an Matchbox in 72, SMER in 50 and looking for new Airfix in 48.

Uggly plane, but story behind its name  is great.

And, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

54 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Oh, it's a beautiful aeroplane! Typical Brit WWII aeroplane - the Spitfire got all the sexy angles, everything else was designed with a set square.

With hindsight, I believe there were only two sets of drafting curves available for the whole aircraft British industry throughout the 30s to 50s. One with Supermarine, one with De Havilland. And then one set was passed to Blackburn in the late 50s ... and they had an orgy with it designing the Buccaneer.

As for your Walrus, Nenad, great result. Makes me want to move mine up the « to-do » list :)

:goodjob:

Hubert