Best NMF kits?

Gisbod

2 hours ago, Bill_S said:

How about a Thud? Cutting Edge makes a nice set of Thunderbirds decals - though I have no idea what it would take to backdate a D-model to a B...

The nose section of the B was quite different.  Long ago, CE made a conversion.

http://www.ipmsusa.org/reviews/features/F-105_Thunderbird_32_Conversion/F-105_Thunderbird_32_Conversion.htm

13 hours ago, Gisbod said:

Thanks again,

I’ll have a look at those. I’m surprised there isn’t a Tamiya quality Sabre F out there. As you say, all time classic surely? The Mustang of the 50’s.

Guy

Here's some inspiration. 

20 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

The nose section of the B was quite different.  Long ago, CE made a conversion.

http://www.ipmsusa.org/reviews/features/F-105_Thunderbird_32_Conversion/F-105_Thunderbird_32_Conversion.htm

GT Resin makes a full B conversion. I picked one up at last years ipms Nationals. 

Said finish was actually painted - aluminised polyurethane topcoat.

Applied in a similarly elaborate manner on a model, one might be tempted to approve "Wowsers! Stunning NMF!". 

Looks rather convincing, doesn't it?

4iGtT1N.jpg

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

7 hours ago, Sabre F-86 said:

I'd go with the F-104. I did the Hasegawa 1/72 kit for a client years ago and still think it was one of the best I'd ever done.

Despite being a dedicated Luftluver, my Starfighter holds pride of place and is the only model in a prominent display position.  I want to do a Thud and a MiG-15 and maybe an MiG-25 if my wallet and the creators of good plastic kits meet in the space/time continuum.  Oh...besides being a Luftweenie, I'm also deep into Star Trek.   But I refuse to learn Klingon.

For the best NMF projects one must look to the USAAF/USAF and USSR.   Heh...amazingly third place goes to the IJA.

Gaz

Stop press...

Stumbled across an all metal finish of the Kitty Hawk T-28 Trojan... looks a super kit? Anyone have any experience of it?

also there’s their Vought Kingfisher too..

Guy

On 7/20/2018 at 1:26 PM, Gisbod said:

I’d love the F-86F.. but is there a decent kit?

Many thanks! That’s very helpful. I’m just finishing off a 1/72 Eduard Mig 21... fabulous kit. I’d love a large one! Is the Trumpy Mig 21 good? I know they vary so much...

Thanks for the replies,

Guy

Both the MiG-21-F13 and the MiG-21PF are excellent kits.  They are fine OOB, but It's fun to get a replacement seat/instruments to jazz them up a bit.  But it doesn't need much else and there are a lot of NMF schemes out there.

Cheers,

Tim W.