Aircraft Seat Belts, real ones!

Bruce_Crosby

Hi Guys,

I’ve built HGW  belts and quite frankly they just don’t make sense.  Looked online for photos of real Luftwaffe belts and every page brings up reams of kit belts but no real, actual, honest-to-goodness belts.  I just want to work out how they go together and replicate it with HGW parts, rerouted and hacked where necessary.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

5 minutes ago, Bill Cross said:

Bruce, can you show a photo of the real ones vs. the model versions? I personally have had no issues with Radu Brinzan's belts, but that doesn't mean I'm not incorrect.

Bill, Radu's belts, which agreed are superb and by far the best, are not HGW ones that Bruce is complaining about.

1 minute ago, mozart said:

Bill, Radu's belts, which agreed are superb and by far the best, are not HGW ones that Bruce is complaining about.

Ah, my mistake. I thought he meant that NONE of the kit belts he'd seen were accurate.

I use Radu's stuff unless there isn't something I need (like Arado 196 lap belts). Then it's HGW. Sorry for any confusion, it has been a crazy week at work and I'm stealing time to hang out with you losers. :P

Bruce, see if you can find the instructions for Wako seat belts. They show you how to thread the belts the correct way.  If you can't find any, let me know and I'll scan a copy for you. 

Wako also go by Feelings. 

Carl

This site is terrific for cockpits of aircraft preserved at the USAF Museum (click here).  Scroll down the list and pick your cockpit.  Once inside the cockpit, you can control the viewing angle with your mouse.  If you see a view you like, just "print screen" it.

Here's a similar site for the US Navy, although few cockpit views.  You control the camera view with your mouse and enter into places you want to go.

Edited by Model_Monkey

my biggest peeve is that the belts are always routed wrong on the PE belts, but routing them correctly makes the buckles look piddly.

My knowledge comes from strapping them on often. In the Bell helicopters, particularly the mediums, they use the standard belts used on US military aircraft for a long while, but as I now fly Airbus Helicopters, I no longer have access...