Zoukei-Mura P-51 Mustang Miss Marilyn II

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Beautiful job!  Is that an oob scheme?

Yep, in fact it's the scheme on the box art for the ZM kit. I was always intrigued by the overall scheme ever since I saw the CAF P-51 CY-U "Gunfighter". Alas, after some research, it turns out that the 343rd Sq, 55th Fighter Group doesn't list CY-U "Gunfighter" at all. Here's the link:

http://www.55th.org/

It looks like the entire squadron had the same basic color scheme, different aircraft tail codes and names. Miss Marilyn apparently was renamed from Jersey Bounce. Looks like the CAF made up their markings :whistle:

Guest Clunkmeister

Very nice. I have this kit in the stash and the scheme never hit me. Until now. Gorgeous!

Of course I’m no Mustang guy with 98% of my P-51 builds being postwar RCAF ships, but this one just got my juices flowing.

thanks!

On 7/18/2018 at 10:30 PM, MARU5137 said:

Mark...

:wub::wub:  I can look at a Mustang all day long..

yours is STUNNING..

Drooling over it when I should be asleep !!

KUDOS...    :bow:

{look forward to your next Mustang      :P   }.

Thanks Maru! 

I have another ZM P-51 in the stash. I always thought combing the internals of the ZM with the clear parts of the Monogram Visible Mustang would be a cool project. I'm now thinking it might be better to cast clear resing pieces from the ZM kit parts. We'll see. I'm not a huge Mustang fan but having just completed the Tamiya A6M-2, I'm keen to tackle their Mustang. Plus I want to do a P-51 in the "Miss America" race scheme. Plus I have a Trumpy -B on the shelf. Dang it, that's half a squadron :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Great job!

I have a ZM and wish to seal up all the fuselage skin like you did.

Can I just do all of it at once so I can get tight fit?

Or will that mess up the build sequence?

Knockout work, Cap. You've done a terrific job on that baby.

Remember the boxart of the old Revell P-51D box-scale kit where all of the O.D. areas were red? Mine was red just like everyone else. Accurate? Nah, but it sure caught the eye.

Cheers,

D.B.

• 10 months later...

Captain, Great job on Miss Marilyn II. Would you please consider selling me Miss Marilyn II ? A gift for our family friend, Dick Hanson who restored and sold her.

P.S. I sure did like flying the 767-300ER, just didn't like all the fuel she carried.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...