Tamiya 1/32nd scale F-4C/D Phantom.

Tomcat14

Hello Fello modelers, this is my first post in a long while here on LSP, I have been super busy with two jobs and life hindering my build time, you all know the excuse :whistle: but I have finally completed something to show. Our local Hobby club had an F-4 Phantom group build this summer and this is what I did for it. I used the Tamiya 1/32nd scale F-4C/D Phantom kit which was an awsome kit and went together with no problems. It took me about 2 1/2 months or so to do when I could get the time. I wanted to do a mig killer from the Vietnam War with the Aircraft grey scheme the Phantoms first used at the beginning of the war, some of which came from MacDill Airforce base from my home state of Florida. I choose to do aircraft BU # 64-0693  (FJ-693) from the 45th TFS out of Ubon, Thailand in 1965 which became the first Mig Killer Aircraft of the war. I used Model Masters Aircraft Grey as the Base color and Model Masters white for the bottom. I used MM Magnesium for the exhaust area with some MM Titanium dry brushed in the middle of the panels to give it a dirtied affect. I used Flory Models dark dirt wash for panel lines and weathering the paint. I then used some Windsor and Newton water based oils the do staining and streaking.  The decals Had to be home made from my printer since I could not get these decals in 1/32nd scale, also used some spare decals from my stash to complete it. The only thing I am missing is the Mission bombs and Mig kills on the left Intake panel that I will need to get somehow. I had a few flaws here and there on it but overall I am very pleased at how this Model came out and I think this is one of my best ones to date. I hope you all enjoy the model and I also wanted to say that when I have had the chance to lurk on the forum you guys have done some awsome outstanding model building on this forum and I have a great appreciation and feel priviledeged  :bow: to be a part of this forum. Thanks and Enjoy your Summer Boys while you still can. :beer:

Chris Causey

P.S Pics Heavy.

yvi6KqSh.jpg

RPdcV81h.jpg

9BKdMyth.jpg

XhJDMYMh.jpg

IC8Lhj5h.jpg

pCt5WFCh.jpg

7Y4kQV6h.jpg

Uw7Nw6Wh.jpg

o8jTn7eh.jpg

r2FWIGah.jpg

JNfEYJwh.jpg

C6swPa4h.jpg

3PokvVvh.jpg

g6op9eBh.jpg

adsvuvPh.jpg

q3ZGqXhh.jpg

qX9DMtKh.jpg

TBlapgih.jpg

Zn3Pasfh.jpg

YjGvAZwh.jpg

mirm6i7h.jpg

Yk6c2c3h.jpg

6oz1FRhh.jpg

3fIKGDuh.jpg

PzWka6hh.jpg

eZMoNHnh.jpg

Mighty fine work Chris. Thank you for sharing. 

Just if I may few comments.

- The ejection seats were normally black (reference: www.ejectionsite.com all images below are from their site).  Unless the seats are still work in progress obviously. However it may be possible your specific airframe was an exception to the general practice.

- Next time for the instrument panel a neat little trick is what you did and paint the instruments white and then overpaint them with black and use a needle to scratch the instrument dials and needles and scales. Once you did that you can use a drop of clear coat to simulate glass on the instruments.

Its a great kit (I have more than I am willing to admit in the stash). It has few issues but generally still state of the art in terms of fit and ease of assembly. Again, congrats on a nice Phantom, it always makes a nice conversation piece. 

Cheers, 

Jarda

seate.jpgseatd.jpgseatf.jpgseatc.jpg