Revell Me-262 Kanonenvogel kit - any good?

BiggTim

I've been considering trying to find the cannon-nosed parts and decals from the Revell kit to use with my Hase kit, or just trade off my Hase 262A for the Revell kit straight across, but I'd like to hear from someone if it's a decent kit first. Any thoughts?

Tim

From what I’ve read, the old Revell Me262 has some serious shape issues.  Like the Hasegawa kit, it’s a product of the 70s with the generally limited detail (compared to today) of kits of that era, but given the issues with the Revell kit, the Hasegawa kit is generally considered to be better.

The best option would probably be a Trumpeter Me262 with the Tiger Model Designs or Schatton Modellbau conversions.

Edited by Dave Williams

I'm in no hurry, Martinn, and thanks. Only if you're sure you won't need it. I just found out it existed, and would have grabbed it for later at that price, but you snooze, you lose! I got in touch with Tiger Models, and he said he doesn't even have the molds any more! Sounds ripe for a re-boot by someone else!! (hint, hint, to all you enterprising casters or 3D printers out there!!)

Tim

Edited by BiggTim