Kitty Hawk has announced an Fw 190A-5

LSP_Kevin

Indeed Radu, Glen explicitly announced such kits and as far as I know he is a guy I trust as he is working for KH. So people are not simply frustrated because their favorite next topic is not released but because kits confirmed as being part of the "next releases" for some years do not come whereas topics not announced but already released by various other manufacturers are presented as the "new" next releases. Personally, I will never complain if a company chose to release nazi fighters ad nauseam for the next ten years. It is their choice. However, I hate when companies do not deliver what they announced for years as this locks the release of such topics. Announcing an imminent release and not deliver is probably one of the best ways to not see one topic kitted by anyone for ages... 

On 7/16/2018 at 5:05 AM, CATCplSlade said:

Were you saying this when Revell released their P-51? Or their Spitfire?

I know I didn't...because raining on another's parade is antithetical to the atmosphere we try to cultivate here. This is supposed to be the good site to belong to, and not one of the squabbling pissholes other sites have become.

I stand by my comment.

I realise that I am slightly biased by my interest in esoteric subjects and really try to seek out different subject matter in 1/32 scale to satisfy my own modelling needs. I get that it might be commercially more viable for a company to do something ‘popular’ to generate more funds which hopefully may lead to R&D of subjects that I may desire. For this I guess I am reasonably happy.

I don’t listen to commercial radio stations for the same reason. Mass produced music to appeal to the masses. I don’t object to others listening to it but it doesn’t stop me from rolling my eyes when I accidentally hear a song that sounds exactly the same as the all the others!

What I don’t like is seeing the same subjects constantly regurgitated both here and at model shows. Seemingly built and weathered to the same (dare I say it ‘Spanish school’) standard with nothing really different to distinguish them from each other. All these 109’s and 190’s are all looking exactly the same regardless of manufacturer.

This is an example of a kit release which has me rolling my eyes.

boring, boring, boring.

Seven pages of wonderful LSP banter on a kit that might be released or may never come about.  

On a slightly off topic note.  I’m just so damn happy I got my 8th Staffel JG 54 badge back on my profile.  (14 years I’ve had this badge). Thanks brother D!   

Ok, ok where were we?  Wurger banter, oh yeah!  Focke-yeah, let’s hear it?     

As long as KH bring out its 1/48 RF-101C (inter alia) boxing soon I'll rest content. Saw the Voodoos fly and even wore the international orange flightsuit in 1969, when the 66th TRW was stationed at Upper Heyford, so it's quite special.

A Voodoo would be quite big in 1/32, even the way KH breaks assemblies down, but I'm guessing "box size" is a player in KH's commercial decisions. I'm bored by the thought of yet another Fw 190 but concede that, if it's a commercial performer, we may more likely get a Streak or even a Grumman Duck.

Happy for those that feel it a vital addition. I bought the Revell 190 NF variant and one's enough for me. As is Revell's 262 NF and 119 A-7.

Tony 

On July 16, 2018 at 9:47 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

I’m laying in a good supply of popcorn for this...

I am on my third bag with the closet full waiting for the next stage.

As I said earlier the CAD is preliminary.  I will wait to see what happens.   And... As I have said (to some around here adnausiousium...eum) we need a Tamiya or Revell P-51B.  I like the little hot rod Fw-190s but after I get the PCM kit I will have enough even with all their issues as some have spoke to.

Rick

27 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I’m not bothered at all by “another Fw190”.  What bothers me is KH’s abysmal record of getting things wrong that are super easy to get right with five minutes of Googling or simply asking for help from people who know the subject.  And then there’s the 12 piece fuselages...

I had to chuckle. I'd like a dollar for every time I've seen a modeller make a comment to that effect about [insert name] modelling company. Not that there isn't an element of truth to it but it's a golden oldie modelers tune.

In real life how everyone else performs in their job, relationships, leadership roles, conflict resolution or even in basic due diligence often don't marry our own personal expectations.

I get bent out of shape when those expectations lead to human suffering or death, not so much plastic models.  I suppose that juxtaposition helps me reconcile the imperfections in myself, others, or even models kits. Each kit has something unique to offer and affords a different build experience. Even if the world is replete with FW190's from a variety of manufacturers they offer a different build experience and challenge. If scale modelling as an activity offers a range of build experiences, that diversity is part of the joy and challenge of having such a great hobby. I think there are plenty of us that do relish a challenge in life, simply because it is harder. Harder than it could be and sometimes harder than it should be.

More jets would be very cool, but the Fw190 is one of my all time fav planes. If I had to own a warbird, it'd be the one.

Matty