Kitty Hawk has announced an Fw 190A-5

LSP_Kevin

35 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, I would not complain if that pizzeria had not announced years ago that they would sell escargot or funazushi soon... 

;-) 

Is there a link to the announcement? 

Radu

On July 14, 2018 at 6:13 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Song from Kitty Hawk has been posting this on Facebook in the last few hours:

37082425_2129166340675313_69765138063818

Don't shoot the messenger! But it does more resemble an A-8 to my eyes.

Kev

This looks like very early CAD.  The cowl is a rough cylinder etc.   I will just work on something else and wait to see what happens.  

Rick

I just read through this topic and thought I was back in 2010 !!

But then I realised it was a new 190 not a new 109 !!!

I suppose with technology moving on it can be pulled to bits on an early CAD image as opposed to test sprue shots before the "do we need another one" debate starts.

Nice to know things don't change!

:thumbsup:     :D

4 hours ago, Radub said:

So... Wait... What? 

What is the complaint here? 

Let me put it this way. You like peproni pizza. You have a favourite pizzeria. You eat your favourite pepperoni pizza there.  You are convinced that is the most authentic pepperoni pizza in the world. In fact you just had one and you loved it. Now you read on the Internet that another pizzeria is doing pepperoni pizzas. The staff is not even Italian. They are slow and the staff is untrained. And now you are upset? Why? No one forced you to do anything. Keep eating the pizza you like. Now some else is complaining that everyone keeps doing pepperoni pizzas instead of Korean barbecue and you get upset because in reality it is time someone made escargot or funazushi. ☺️ 

Rasu

:lol:

3 hours ago, Radub said:

Is there a link to the announcement? 

Radu

It's all Facebook suggestion these days. I'm waiting for the 1/48 RF-101A/C/G/H boxing pic with a "now shipping to international distributors" quickie message. 

The dearth of Thunder Factory jets is, however, whetting my appetite for a shiny 1/32 F-86K. 

Those should keep me out of mischief.

Tony

9 hours ago, PhilB said:

I just read through this topic and thought I was back in 2010 !!

But then I realised it was a new 190 not a new 109 !!!

I suppose with technology moving on it can be pulled to bits on an early CAD image as opposed to test sprue shots before the "do we need another one" debate starts.

Nice to know things don't change!

:thumbsup:     :D

What gets me is that the same people who ***** about a Bf-109 or FW-190 usually then insist that what is really needed is some obscure forgotten piece of history that is probably desperately wanted in 1/32 kit form by about 7 people in the entire world.

On top of that, I'd like to point out there isn't a current quality model kit in existence of either the FW-190 or BF-109 F, G, or K.

Believe me, I've been looking . The old Hasegawa stuff is about as good as you will do, and that's not very good.

The only quality 1/32 Luftwaffe fighter stuff in existence that I know of are the Dragon or Eduard Bf-109E kits.

Zoukei Mura does the TA-152, but that's a dog with different fleas...

I have a Trumpeter 1/32 Me-262 in the works...it's not bad, not great...and that's supposed to be one of Trumpeter's better kits...

Where is the vast abundance of Luftwaffe subject matter in 1/32 scale!? 

2 hours ago, ringleheim said:

What gets me is that the same people who ***** about a Bf-109 or FW-190 usually then insist that what is really needed is some obscure forgotten piece of history that is probably desperately wanted in 1/32 kit form by about 7 people in the entire world.

On top of that, I'd like to point out there isn't a current quality model kit in existence of either the FW-190 or BF-109 F, G, or K.

Believe me, I've been looking . The old Hasegawa stuff is about as good as you will do, and that's not very good.

The only quality 1/32 Luftwaffe fighter stuff in existence that I know of are the Dragon or Eduard Bf-109E kits.

Zoukei Mura does the TA-152, but that's a dog with different fleas...

I have a Trumpeter 1/32 Me-262 in the works...it's not bad, not great...and that's supposed to be one of Trumpeter's better kits...

Where is the vast abundance of Luftwaffe subject matter in 1/32 scale!? 

You can't win this argument.  Too many of the protagonists think that their wants are more important than the rest.  Let them keep blowing that horn.  Nobody that is producing kits is listening to a handful of people on this website when there are millions of potential model buyers in China and Japan.

Gaz

On 7/16/2018 at 5:05 AM, CATCplSlade said:

Were you saying this when Revell released their P-51? Or their Spitfire?

I know I didn't...because raining on another's parade is antithetical to the atmosphere we try to cultivate here. This is supposed to be the good site to belong to, and not one of the squabbling pissholes other sites have become.

I yawned at the p51 and spitfire along with this.

We still have no P51a, val, kate, defiant, battle etc etc. I built the KH Kingfisher and with a little elbow grease it came out fine, so I have no issue with KH quality.

Your comments on Eric's legitimate comment are the in the realm of a "squabbling pisshole" pull your head in mate

Oh dear, it's all going pear shaped.

To me, everybody is correct. Yes, there are too many Luftwaffe subjects, and yes, there are not enough - it depends totally upon your perspective.

Just agree to disagree & move on.

Nothing is going pear-shaped. This is normal for the internet, just like Godwin's Law. 

Here is what should be called "Verucca Salt's Law": "The moment a new model is announced, someone will complain and demand any other models, usually listed. The speed with which such demand increases is inversely  proportional with the availability of such models, therefore the complainer will do his/her utmost to ask for the most obscure and unsaleable models."  

Radu 

Edited by Radub

6 minutes ago, Radub said:

Nothing is going pear-shaped. This is normal for the internet, just like Godwin's Law. 

Here is what should be called "Verucca Salt's Law": "The moment a new model is announced, someone will complain and demand any other models, usually listed. The speed with which such demand increases is inversely  proportional with the availability of such models, therefore the complainer will do his/her utmost to ask for the most obscure and unsaleable models."  

Radu 

Well, when requests are made for Defiant's & Battle's, you know the thread is careering away.

Whether you like it or not. Messerschmitts and Focke-Wulfs will never die and will remain popular subjects. And as long as melted styrene will be injected into moulds, we will see new state-of-the-art Bf 109 and Fw 190 kits being released. Instantaneously, and as sure as pizza is pizza, we will see another wishlist being compiled, another missed opportunity being deplored and another kit wish remaining unfulfilled.

If you don't like pizza with Wuerger topping at all, you won't buy it - no matter which pizzeria has one on the menu. 

Life goes on, and at the end of the day it's just another first world problem.

Just my two kopeks...

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

It's dead simple guys: we were promised Jaguars, a Thunderflash and Thunderstreak.

It seems those have been put on indefinate hold so that the manufacturer can capitalise on the love of iconic Nazi hardware.

Judging by this thread it's obviously the cash cow they want - you lot can't get enough of mottled stuff with swastikas on it. 

Shame the Mirage 2000 wasn't at Stalingrad otherwise it would have been kitted several times by now.

Tony