Kitty Hawk has announced an Fw 190A-5

LSP_Kevin

Does this mean the Jaguars and Thunder factory -84F jets are delayed by yet another two years? 

The dark force is obviously unfortunately strong at the moment

Tony

2 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

OH hum, most likely going to pass.

Just love their creativity in kit selection. :huh:

Peter

Indeed. KH started with some quite original large scale topics but the very last ones are unfortunately not really unique anymore. Too bad! Where are the F11, Mirage 2000, Thunderstreak, Jaguar and other more interesting topics announced for years, then delayed again and again?

Guest Peterpools

Thiery

Exactly. Of course with ZM’s 190’s fast appriaching, makes perfect sense to add to the pile of available kits. 

Peter

7 hours ago, D Bellis said:

The wingtip pitot tube and non-blown canopy positively identify it as an A-8.

Given the bulged fuselage gun cover, an inboard pitot would have made it an A-7, and a blown canopy might have indicated an A-9 or late A-8. 

Including this KH kit since it lacks the outboard 30mm MK108 cannons and upper wing covers that were standard on the R2 (20mm MG151 outboard cannon barrels shown, and without rectangular upper breech covers). 

Given KH's track record (short fuselages, shallow cockpits, open panels everywhere that don't fit closed, the armament errors shown above, etc, etc...), I don't have much faith that this new kit will be a game-changer. Besides, they'll be competing with Revell's insanely low $30 price tag and Hasegawa's beautiful simplicity. 

But, bring it on. There can never be too many Fw 190 kits on the market. 

D

Its only a computer generated drawing. I will base my judgements on the merit of the kit when I observe the contents in plastic...

Mark Proulx

Yes, its just a bit of a jumble of CAD bits and bobs.... I think they do no favours to themselves calling it an A-5 and showing this 'hybrid mix' but it shouldn't be considered as representing what they'd put in a box and call an A-5... It's just another placeholder...

It's possible that KH needs a big volume selling kit to help fund the more esoteric kits they produce.

12 hours ago, williamj said:

Someone announces a new 32nd kit and we hear "We don't need it"  My my my..Just seems like yesterday we were begging for new 32nd kits,anything,from any company.as long as it was 32nd scale...This is LSP is it not?   And who knows,we all might catch Wurger fever.

For some reason, this forum trends towards being anti-German.

The bulk of the 1/32 WWII stuff I am interested in is German, so I don't get it.

A lot of the "many" kits that once existed are no longer available or are hard to get for inflated secondary market prices these days.

In reality, I have found a dearth of high quality 1/32 Luftwaffe kits available today.

As a result, I welcome any of them.

3 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

The bulk of the 1/32 WWII stuff I am interested in is German, so I don't get it.

A lot of the "many" kits that once existed are no longer available or are hard to get for inflated secondary market prices these days.

In reality, I have found a dearth of high quality 1/32 Luftwaffe kits available today.

I only build German armor, so I hear this same stuff over at armorama and other armor sites. I do build planes of any nation, though, but I still like Luftwaffe planes because of the many different paint schemes on offer and I'm certainly not against more on the market--assuming they are of good quality. Else why bother producing one?

4 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Anti German?

You're having a laugh?!

German subjects get kitted that never entered service, or never flew, or were prototypes. 

6 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Anti German?

You're having a laugh?!

German subjects get kitted that never entered service, or never flew, or were prototypes. 

He said the forum--not the manufacturers--were anti-German, so your last comment is inapplicable. How many of those Luft 46 subjects are in injected plastic as opposed to resin, though? And not counting short-run stuff like PCM put out, how many different German planes are available in our scale?

20 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

You're absolutely right, but a lot of people seem to think that we're swimming in 1/32 190s.

Fw 190A-5, one kit (Hasegawa): 

Expensive and can be hard to find out outside of Japan.

Fw 190A-8, two kits (Hasegawa and Revell):

Hasegawa: Expensive and can be hard to find out outside of Japan, I lived there for seven years and had problems tracking them down at times.

Revell:  We have no idea when this kit will surface again and when it does how much it will be.

Oh yeah Z-M has done some preliminary work on some that 190s that we might see some day and some of these will be ridiculously over-priced SWS packed with hoards of extra parts that I don't want and will never been seen.  So wow, yes look at those options.  But by all means keep clamoring for that kit that you and most other people won't buy anyway.

Edited by Mikester