Kitty Hawk has announced an Fw 190A-5

LSP_Kevin

Agree, Kev.  hope that's a typo because that's an A-8 upper cowl section.  The responses on their FB page announcement is comical, "oh nooooooo, why I can't I get a (insert kit I want that won't sell here)  instead"!

Currently two decent 190A-8s 1/32 in production, Hasegawa (hard to get) and Revell.  Friend of mine in my model club who has sources in the industry says Revell is planning on doubling the prices of their car kit when they start up production again, if they do the same with their aircraft they won't be nearly the bargain they once were.  So I for one am looking forward to this, hope they do it right!

Edited by Mikester

I personally think another FW-190 is not needed, there are so many available, it’s ridiculous. You can buy more versions of German fighters than anything. There are so many aircraft and helicopters that have never been built in 1/32, they could have picked anything else.  Sigh....

So im begining to wonder, what is the real reason the P-51B is not making its way to us. Is there a legal reason? Lack of reference? 

I mean we have 3 new p-51d that ate selling like crazy Tamiya ZM Revell. You woul think the only other najor variant would sell right?

The wingtip pitot tube and non-blown canopy positively identify it as an A-8.

Given the bulged fuselage gun cover, an inboard pitot would have made it an A-7, and a blown canopy might have indicated an A-9 or late A-8. 

1 hour ago, Mark P said:

But no Sturmbocks available in 32nd scale from any manufacturer...

Including this KH kit since it lacks the outboard 30mm MK108 cannons and upper wing covers that were standard on the R2 (20mm MG151 outboard cannon barrels shown, and without rectangular upper breech covers). 

Given KH's track record (short fuselages, shallow cockpits, open panels everywhere that don't fit closed, the armament errors shown above, etc, etc...), I don't have much faith that this new kit will be a game-changer. Besides, they'll be competing with Revell's insanely low $30 price tag and Hasegawa's beautiful simplicity. 

But, bring it on. There can never be too many Fw 190 kits on the market. 

D

As an aside on their inaccurate "A-5" labeling; the outboard 20mm MG151 cannons shown were not fitted in the A-5. That fitment began to be standard armament starting with the A-6 due to its redesigned wing with strengthened outboard mounts. 

The A-5's normal outboard wing armament was the MG FF, which were often removed in service.

And, the A-5 retained the 'flat' fuselage gun cover of the earlier MG 17 installation.

D

Edited by D Bellis

Someone announces a new 32nd kit and we hear "We don't need it"  My my my..Just seems like yesterday we were begging for new 32nd kits,anything,from any company.as long as it was 32nd scale...This is LSP is it not?   And who knows,we all might catch Wurger fever.

There is a nice resin conversion for the Strumbock made by Black dog I recall?   So another  Fw-190.   Hmmmmm.  Ok,  bring it on but I’m still really curious why no one ever thinks about replicating a decent P-51B in 1:32.    How many newly fabricated -51B are currently flying?   Surely someone could measure one up for all of us?   I’ll be waiting for the new Tamiya Bf-109G-6 that will be coming out soon.   Lol.

enjoy you Wulf heads!   

Just what the world needs, another 190. 

Next, a 109G-6.

I'll be avoiding this. After their P-39, I was wary about buying another KH kit of any description. Another 190, especially with Revells new, cheap 190's, will be easy to ignore.

And I generally buy anything 1/32.

What KH should be doing in my hummble opinion is aiming for an accurate FW-190 A4/5 kit (earlier versions with short cowling etc.) to give themselves a competitive edge in the market - what we are seeing here is an A8 - they need to get their research right to market A4/5 versions!

Post edit: Still, it’s nice to see nevertheless!!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria
Post edit added