Cavanaugh Flight Museum 2018

JohnW

Guest Maxim

The F9F is the last flying example in the world but hasn't flown for some years now.It would be great to see it in the air again.

Very cool, I love Cavanaugh!! Went there some years back and had a good time. Glad to see they still have the Spanish He-111 from the BoB movie, too. Did you know that the nose art on their silver B-25 was re-painted during restoration by the same veteran who painted it during WW2, with the SAME enamel paints?

Edited by BiggTim

Hi, very nice pictures, and just a question: was that A26 invader in your first picture in the "warbird-flying" society a couple of years ago,  mainly out of Norway?

If so, i've seen it flying from our airport in the past.

HTH

Jack

The sign for the A-26 says that Cavanaugh aquired it in 2008. It doesn't say who was the previous owner. The serial number is 44-35710.

I'm told that the Fw 190D is not a real plane.   Just a moqup.  I've only seen it in the storage hangar.  Never on display. 

20150517_162423.jpg

20150517_162519.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

20160703_191001.jpg

20160703_191019.jpg

20160703_191045a.jpg

Edited by JohnW

Guest Clunkmeister

That place is 15 miles from me, and other than getting checked out in a T-6 a few years back, I’ve never been there.

Silly me. I’ve never been in their main hangar.

It is quite a memorable experience to be in your home and hear Texas Raider (B-17) fly by, directly overhead.  It seemed like it was only  a couple of thousand feet above.