WNW Albatros D.V Leutnant Wolf Jasta 5 1917

Gazzas

36 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Good choice. I'm surprised the Part etches don't get more praise, I love them,

Richard

Before yesterday, I hadn't even known they existed.  Mattlow sent me a link to an offsite build blog.  I ended up buying sets for the Roden Alb D.I and Pfalz D.III

Gaz

Richard,

Sorry to hear the build is stalled.  I just restarted a stalled build that was waiting on replacement  wings from Eduard. 

That wicker seat is amazing!   I love what PE can do for a kit, but man it is always a struggle for me.  I think I rarely use more than a third of the parts. 

For the Dr. I the parts that 'sold it' for me were the throttle quadrant and the crescent for the cowl.

Gaz

You have the right approach. The PE is there for you to use, or not. It's your choice

Your model, your rules

In that group, the seat is good, the frame is excellent, the tailskid is good with additions, the rudderbar is OK but fiddly, the control column is poor and I'll probably not use it. And I have lots of stalled projects, they often come good in the end

Richard

7 hours ago, RLWP said:

And I have lots of stalled projects, they often come good in the end

Richard

I try not to allow models to stall.   Except for the Eduard kit, I've only allowed one to stall, and it eventually went into the bin.  If a kit goes over a couple of months, my interest starts to fade.

Gaz

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 6:12 PM, ringleheim said:

Coming to this one late, Gaz, but she looks really nice!  Great photography too.

I'm curious: what paint/colors did you use for the color scheme?  

I have the trilogy set in the stash and will likely build this aircraft myself some day.

Well...  the decals covered most of the fuselage.  Everything else I mixed by myself from artist tube acrylic tubes except the tail.  The tail is Tamiya enamels I mixed from the base colors of red, yellow, and blue.  I use a color recipe book to get close, then make changes as required.

I know this isn't much help to anyone looking for a brand name.  But it does save me from having too many different pots of paint that might sit idle for long periods of time, and is very cost effective.

Gaz