Revell 41 Willy's -"Demon II"-Completed 09/07

mustang1989

I'll be looking forward to that!! 

I'd like to thank everyone with followed along and/ or commented. Thank you for allowing me to show my auto builds here among some true pros at aircraft modeling.

I finished this one up this morning.

To recap:

Started out with these two kits and a Pro Street vision. I did end up using a few parts from the old Revell release such as decals (for patterns) , rear license plate and a couple of small items here and there. The Street Demons paint scheme on a Pro Street car was what I was after.

0qBtqt.jpg

I've always had an eye for Revell's "Street Demons" series back in 1983 but I don't really care for the gasser look that a few of 'em had...……..this one in particular. In staying with the theme I set out to change things up a little bit in the way of a slight color change up, stance, powertrain and interior.

Powertrain: Super Stock 426 Hemi came from the Revell 1968 Hemi Dart kit with upgrades to the ignition, fuel and throttle linkage systems.

Wheels: From Future Attractions. I had my machine shop at work cut the rear wheels in half due to the fact that they were just too dang wide to use with the tires I had.

Aftermarket Items: Too many to list.

Paint: Testors Icy Blue Lacquer, Testors White Lightning Lacquer and Testors Wet Look Clear all decanted and shot through an airbrush.

Decals: Speedway Decals

X6vwAU.jpg

JDmkwA.jpg

qHszjb.jpg

DyPemO.jpg

KSdNFk.jpg

WHpcrN.jpg

1HUwaz.jpg

B0icBk.jpg

uDA6HU.jpg

4O37nt.jpg

01oVL0.jpg

Uq0Nbf.jpg

Additional Interior Shots:

Ou7nEM.jpg

vVBGDI.jpg

Additional engine shots:

N1C4MZ.jpg

iIaJeV.jpg

On 9/7/2018 at 3:17 PM, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Nice, and fast too. It takes me forever to get anything done.

Thanks Kevin. This............is a true rarity in getting this one done in under the 5-6 month marker. It usually takes me 6+ months to get ANYTHING finished.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:42 PM, Gazzas said:

Nice looking engine!

'Preciate that Gaz! 

Thank you all for following along on this build. Now...................we're off to the El Camino.......