Revell 41 Willy's -"Demon II"-Completed 09/07

mustang1989

6 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Thanks you Gaz!

Kevin: Yes sirree! It is flocking. Funny Fur...... I haven't heard of that before. 

It's "old school" flocking, perhaps the first commercial product of its kind,... way back when.

That looks like some fine grained fibers to work with Kevin. Looks better than flocking material.

This may not seem like much of an update but that fire extinguisher was no small job to paint up and put BMF on for the straps. The part came from the 68 Hemi Dart kit along with the decal on the body of the extinguisher. The gauge decal came from an instrument panel gauge decal from the AMT 67 Chevelle Pro Street kit.

s6vAiW.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

This is cool! I used that funny fur back in the day in a custom purple cab over I did. Actually works well, but I found blowing across it at a strategic point before drying makes it looks pretty cool. 

Much like the process used with static grass for dioramas.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

No but I plan on checking it out. Thanks Kevin!

They're caricature (sort of "toons") cars, but just so very cool. There's also an Anglia, Henry J, '55 Chevy and a few others.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:41 PM, MARU5137 said:

Super Duper Wotk..

:wow:

Thanks Maru!

Well I've got some sizeable progress done today. Got the dash mostly finished and am currently working on the steering column and steering wheel. I got the radio and equalizer installed this morning as well as installing the fabricated shifter. The OOB shifter SUCKED!!