Revell 41 Willy's -"Demon II"-Completed 09/07

mustang1989

Thanks Gaz! 

Steering column and Grant steering wheel installed. I went ahead and went with a black center on the steering wheel to tie some of the black in the interior together. Interior is...……………….finished!

Body work is complete and the paint has been underway for a few days now. Everything behind the front fenders has been painted with Testors Icy Blue decanted and shot through the AB. Will be shooting the pearl white on the fenders this weekend. I trimmed up the decals meant for the much older Revell multi-piece Willys and applied those on the door this morning. Gotta do some graphing with the hood decal onto the door at the front but feelin' pretty good about it so far.

Nice! Looking really tough, Joe. I love that Icy Blue. If you recall, that's the same color I used on my '70 Challenger T/A.

I'm planning a multi-layer (metallic silver/metallic blue/pearl or candy blue) scheme on one of my cars, just haven't figured out what car yet.

Joe., that looks absolutely fantastic!  That blue is just perfect.

I have a question Joe...  and you'll have to pardon my complete lack of automotive finishing knowledge:

I've seen a couple cars lately that change color as your angle of view changes.  They go from deep purple to a really deep and lustrous red-brown just as you're walking by.  Know anything about that paint?

Gaz

5 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Joe., that looks absolutely fantastic!  That blue is just perfect.

I have a question Joe...  and you'll have to pardon my complete lack of automotive finishing knowledge:

I've seen a couple cars lately that change color as your angle of view changes.  They go from deep purple to a really deep and lustrous red-brown just as you're walking by.  Know anything about that paint?

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. 

Yes I do know about that kind of paint. They're color changers. I used that paint on my Camaro build and it was called Mystic Teal Metallic. It changes from Teal to Deep Blue to Purple. 

Look at the top of the drivers front fender and then look at the side of it. Then look at the edge of the roof just above the drivers window opening and then look at the rear fender. Color changer all the way. This was automotive paint and the General Motors paint code is 79U.

Camaro%20Money%20Shots%20009_zpsiwkvwoau

Edited by mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Kevin.

Wet Look....................always!!

That's what I used too, or at least that's what I remember using. I'll probably shoot more on my Challenger, though as with your Challenger, that'll unfortunately kill the dullness of the body stripes.

2 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

That's what I used too, or at least that's what I remember using. I'll probably shoot more on my Challenger, though as with your Challenger, that'll unfortunately kill the dullness of the body stripes.

Yeah.....I found out about that AFTER the I shot the gloss on. Ah well.......I'm still happy with the outcome but would do things differently next time for sure.

11 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Looks great, Mustang!
Coincidentally, one of my former superintendents raced a similar Willys in Super Gas drag racing class. Did well with it. He's retired from racing now, though. It was also in blue! 

Thanks Ray! I've always liked these Willys rides and would love to build one in racing form. Got any pics of your superintendent's ride?

3 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Ray! I've always liked these Willys rides and would love to build one in racing form. Got any pics of your superintendent's ride?

I'd like to see the photos too, Ray, if you have any.