Revell 41 Willy's -"Demon II"-Completed 09/07

mustang1989

15 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

I have to confess, when I was in my late teens, I developed a real passion for the '33 Willys, and it's never gone away. If I ever come into the cash, there'll be a tricked out '33 in my driveway,... guaranteed.

I'm like that with an 56 F-100. That truck has ALWAYS caught my eye. I don't often build two of any like model but I've done it for that truck and I might even be up for one more. But like you, if I ever come into any cash then I'll be allocating some of those funds for one of those trucks in the 1:1 scale world. And again like you..............guaranteed

1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

I'm like that with an 56 F-100. That truck has ALWAYS caught my eye. I don't often build two of any like model but I've done it for that truck and I might even be up for one more. But like you, if I ever come into any cash then I'll be allocating some of those funds for one of those trucks in the 1:1 scale world. And again like you..............guaranteed

My cousin has a '56 F-100 big window sitting in storage, waiting to be re-built.....I love that truck!! If I had the cash, I would finish it for him, but I can't even finish my own car project.

Speaking of what we would buy if we had the cash, I've already warned my wife if I ever hit the jackpot, she'd better get her head around the idea that there will be an M4A1 Sherman tank in the driveway. Right next to the tricked out H1 Hummer.

Edited by BiggTim

36 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

My cousin has a '56 F-100 big window sitting in storage, waiting to be re-built.....I love that truck!! If I had the cash, I would finish it for him, but I can't even finish my own car project.

Speaking of what we would buy if we had the cash, I've already warned my wife if I ever hit the jackpot, she'd better get her head around the idea that there will be an M4A1 Sherman tank in the driveway. Right next to the tricked out H1 Hummer.

I wished I had an old F-100 for sure. I did find one in driveable condition for 5 grande once. Just have no where for it and no money to do anything with it. 

Bravo on the Sherman and Hummer.

I appreciate the encouraging comments fellas. 

I've got the chassis finished except for the chrome exhaust tips install:

Got the throttle linkage done and have been working on other stuff like the fuel delivery system and radiator hose(which took three hose fabrications until I got a hose and clamp assembly that looked half decent! facepalm_zpsgaclnqrj.gif  ). Still have the throttle return springs to install, fuel lines from the fuel junction block and gotta clean up those air horns which I have temporarily installed for effect.

Here's where we're at now:

Thanks guys!! 

I finally managed to start on the interior. Here's the progress on the door panels. I mixed up some dark grey and thinner and outlined all the recessed areas so when I shot the white over the door panels it would make those areas stand out a little more. A pre-shading of sorts.

I found a piece of adhesive backed blue metallic sheet that I applied and cut out around the edges for a neat and clean door insert panel. Then I masked off and painted the door speaker grilles black. I'm still planning out the rest of the interior scheme.

I did the same thing with the seats as I did with the door panels on pre-shading all the cracks and crevices with a dark gray, then a medium coat of white followed by a coat of semi-gloss clear. I'm trying to accent the blue lightly throughout the interior without overdoing it. Keep in mind that the seat belts and dash will be blue as well. I had some soda bottles so I drilled two holes to simulate cup holders and slipped a couple of sodas in the center console. Window switch and shifter bezels were picked out with Chrome BMF.

Radio face with CD halfway out of the slot will be going on the blue panel at the front of the console. Weird how Revell didn't have a decal slide or radio face molded on it.

Here's phase one of the color balance. There'll be a light blue flocking applied to the floor by tomorrow and some extra details added.Then the floor mats will also be thrown on both sides of the floor.
I removed the soda bottle from the passengers cup holder and glued a piece of black sheet styrene on the bottom of the interior tub at that location to simulate that little black foam pad that's usually at the bottom of cup holders. I may put a bottle cap opener in there as well.

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

Nice work. Did they use Holley carbs on those 426 engines?

I knew a guy as a teen that was putting 454 Chevy engines in those. They had some scoot.

Thanks Mike. Yes sir they did. I can't remember right off hand what the cfm rating was though. I'm thinkin' 600 but I'll check to make sure.

The 454 is an excellent choice for these. That was actually one of my options when pondering a power plant for this build. 

Edited by mustang1989

Ok here we go....

Well after adding the floor mats, blue seat belts and some other details like the magazine and bottle cap opener on top of the magazine, I think I've broken up the color pattern somewhat. I managed to sneak in a black demons head in between the seat. I had the choice of black or white but chose the subtle route. The interior color layout was a brainstorm of ideas I came up with so I really had no reference for it. Just vision. Still gotta pick out a few details like some switches and all but I've got it about where I want it. I also still have to install the accelerator and brake pedals, shifter lever and fire extinguisher to complete the base tub.

To recap....Before:

After: