HKM Lancaster 1st Edition (availabilty update)

alaninaustria

On 7/15/2018 at 5:25 PM, DeanKB said:

I've pre-ordered a couple from Hannant's.

I'll be getting a couple from one of the locals where I'll be getting free shipping (can you imagine the cost otherwise??)

THEN ... I'll be awaiting Graham's (Iconicair) Upkeep conversion ... just to make things interesting.

I am wondering what to do with the additional (I assume at this stage that they ARE, in fact, additional) clear parts ...

Maybe build the 'solid' kit without a lot of the internals which won't be seen in the closed up kit ... and build an 'internal' display sandwiched in-between the clear bits?

Rog :)

On 11 August 2018 at 3:52 AM, Artful69 said:

I'll be getting a couple from one of the locals where I'll be getting free shipping (can you imagine the cost otherwise??)

THEN ... I'll be awaiting Graham's (Iconicair) Upkeep conversion ... just to make things interesting.

I am wondering what to do with the additional (I assume at this stage that they ARE, in fact, additional) clear parts ...

Maybe build the 'solid' kit without a lot of the internals which won't be seen in the closed up kit ... and build an 'internal' display sandwiched in-between the clear bits?

Rog :)

Yes, according to the big H the clear parts have the internals but the exterior is smooth. HKM are moulding a bunch for the first edition and then adding the exterior skin detail which will also be included in the first edition in regular grey.

Subsequent editions are just getting grey parts.

Tony 

20 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Wow!  Great price. 

That beats the best UK price I’ve seen by over £100. That comes out at £227 where the lowest I’ve seen here so far is the £340 I’ve pre ordered at. Naturally, shipping and customs fees would soon bump that £227 much closer to the £340 ive stumped up but still, wow. 

11 hours ago, Robthepom said:

Is there any news on if the clear parts are actually 'clear', or are they 'frosted clear'

I saw the pictures of the sample moulds and the looked to be clear clear clears:coolio:

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Well if the test shot at the Nats in Phoenix are any indication the parts are clear, clear.

Btw I am in for two myself. :)

Yeah, every test shot I saw, the clear parts are clear clear w/no frosting on them visible. 

On 8/19/2018 at 9:08 AM, ade rowlands said:

That beats the best UK price I’ve seen by over £100. That comes out at £227 where the lowest I’ve seen here so far is the £340 I’ve pre ordered at. Naturally, shipping and customs fees would soon bump that £227 much closer to the £340 ive stumped up but still, wow. 

I'll gladly settle for having paid my £340 knowing there's no other hidden costs lurking as it wings its way south from Ripon.  The old adage "if it seems too good to be true...etc may apply here! :)