1/32 Cavalier Mustang Conversion

imatt88

Hey all,

I remember seeing a 32nd conversion kit to upgrade a regular Mustang kit into a Cavalier Mustang

Is still around?  It would be interesting to do a Corsair and Mustang from the 100 hour Soccer War..

Cheers,  Ian

There was two types of Cavalier Mustangs?

I thought the turbo conversion was the only one.

Any idea if could be used with the Hasegawa P-51?

Cheers,  Ian 

Edited by imatt88

Wonder if Resin2Detail would consider doing a basic Cavalier Mustang set too?.

Would also love to do a FAS Cavalier Mustang from around the 100 hour 'Soccor' war timeframe...but its not cost viable for me to lay down $80.00 on the R2D Turbo Mustang set to throw most of it in the trash

7 minutes ago, imatt88 said:

Really, what's the issue?

With the R2D set most likely nothing.

But for a Merlin powered Cavalier you don't need the resin nose plug or the new belly pan that make up most of the set.

Not sure if the Latin/South American operators even had the extra avionics in the rear cockpit area too,I'm thinking just a extra seat.

So all you'd need are the tip tanks,underwing pylons and tailfin extension.. The weapons supplied look great but weren't used down South so that's another chunk of unneeded resin.

Any antennas can be fabricated easy enough.

May just contact Brian @ R2D to see if he'll do me a deal on the parts I need... Just may even give me the push to finish the FAS Soccer war FG-1D(modified Tamiya F4U-1D 1/32) that sat gathering dust for afew months now

This maybe worth a try.  One would have to deal with the deficiencies of the Hasegawa kit.  I have one old kit with mucho AM that will never be finished now that more modern kits are available. A vendor query may be useful.

Rick

Just received an e-mail from Brian Watkins.  He said that set was developed based on 3D scans of the Tamiya P51D kit.  He indicated that it would probably work with the Hasegawa kit with some contouring.  I may just give it a try.  Another to add to my buy it this year list.

Rick

21 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Just received an e-mail from Brian Watkins.  He said that set was developed based on 3D scans of the Tamiya P51D kit.  He indicated that it would probably work with the Hasegawa kit with some contouring.  I may just give it a try.  Another to add to my buy it this year list.

Rick

Great minds think a like. l had the same thoughts too rambling through the empty hallways of my mind

Hacker