ZM 1/32 Horten Ho229..FINISHED

Robthepom

On 10/27/2018 at 8:12 PM, Robthepom said:

1wfCHEl.jpg?1

Very nice work Rob and I really like the fact that we can see the aircraft's structure instead of the panels with a what if paint scheme. However, there are 2 things that I would like to ask.

One, I have downloaded the PDF instructions sheet for the SWS Ho 229 and I noticed that the elevators like the one shown in your photo have different dimensions. Specifically the upper surfaces are shorter in width than the lower surfaces. At least this is what I have noticed in the instructions. Can you confirm this? The reason why I'm asking you this is because I have the Revell kit and I want to fix some of the details using as a guide the SWS instructions however, Revell uses the same width for the upper and lower elevators' surfaces. 

Secondly, there are a couple of scale modellers that have built the 1/32 Ho 229, as it was when captured (and photographed) by the US Forces back in 1945, BUT none of them mention the color they have used (I'm referring to that peculiar blue-grey we can see in the photos). Do you or anyone else know which color is this or how I can create it by perhaps combining more than 2 colors?

Cheers

Bill