ZM 1/32 Horten Ho229..FINISHED

Robthepom

I started work on the internal frame, i bought some Mr Hobby masking fluid for all the attachment points.

Ive decided not to go with the Grey Green paint scheme for the frame, one of the referance photos looks similat to a German Grey 

1rp1KZT.jpg?1

CMhWNYf.jpg

Doesnt look like grey green to me

Related image

Edited by Robthepom

As this was just a prototype, they probably didn't care too much about what the interior framework was painted.  No reason to go with "authorized" RLM-02 or whatever, unless that was what was easily obtained.

I agree the interior plumbing doesn't look RLM-02.  

Your engine looks great; I was going to suggest adding some finer diameter piping as your eye will pick up the diversity of pipe size and that's exactly what you did.  Looks suitably "busy" even if not 110% a perfect copy of the original, which it doesn't need to be.

I'll keep following your build and look forward to more updates.

thanks for the comments guys

did some more work on the engines and frame, i decided on RLM02 it looked better than the german grey 

i tried to ignore the bad seam on the side of the engine but it was really bugging me so MrSurfacer 500 plus some delicate sanding fixed it

lwM7Nx6.jpg

some other general pics

OeTsno5.jpg

0RsEdtf.jpg

yOw6mea.jpg

vVzz6LW.jpg

one engine is cleaner than the other just need a splash of floys wash on the clean one

3zhez6R.jpg

I've left this picture until last, this is my first bit of proper spraying with my first ever airbrush, i should have bought one years ago, its great practice doing block colors, cant wait to try some shading and other effects

thanks for looking in

Edited by Robthepom

31 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

She’s coming along really nicely Rob!

That framing is pretty intricate looking!

Cheers

Alan

the framing:fight:

I spent hours removing the seam lines, and i can still see a couple in the photos grrrrrrrr

wheres my sanding stick:frantic:

thanks for the comments guys, onwards with the build

Its been along time since i did any wood simulation, the pictures make the the wood look very dark, not the best i"ve seen but its ok

I used masking fluid for the first time, and was impressed, it saved cutting hundreds of strips of masking tape

T0OW2PW.jpg?1

xnwseIi.jpg

wfmtRYr.jpg?1

I still have no idea how much I'm going to display, and like most people i hate the frosted/clear parts already

very enjoyable kit so far:beer:

21 hours ago, DonH said:

That looks really good.

I've never got on well with masking fluid but I am now tempted to try some of that Mr Hobby stuff.

I'd never used it before, but it worked really well, i put few drops on old CD then used a tooth pick to transfer on the part, then you can 'pull' the fluid into the details with the tooth pick.

There was a bit of touching up to do but i found it a good alternative to cutting tamiya tape for 2 hours

Guest Clunkmeister

This looks bloody amazing!  There was one at the Nats that was awesome as well.

I just bought the two seat conversion kit for mine and plan on giving it a go in Czechoslovak colors...