Eagles Low level

Phartycr0c

Occasionally I pop over the Welsh border to the Mach loop to photograph the aircraft in the low level training area.

Anyhow last week I went up them there hills when I had the pleasure of 492nd Mad hatters coming out to play. I was using my (new to me ) big telephoto lens, suffice to say im quite pleased with the results 

If I can I would like to share them with you folks. 

28332778817_08bbbc99a4_b.jpgDSC_7824-2

42483513894_9defc17070_b.jpgDSC_7770-2

42483515694_b23b888ca2_b.jpgDSC_7737

42483517054_f7dd3ac6e4_b.jpgDSC_7725

42483517574_28d0116bcc_b.jpgDSC_7712-2

42483493144_08f04deb3f_b.jpgDSC_7696

Edited by Phartycr0c

We've probably shared a hill side at some point, though Corris Corner is my usual haunt. Last 2 visits back home drew blanks on the hill side though, fine weather if a little hazy and not a damn thing in the air other than the Buzzards, not much on the scanner either. Days I travel back home but elect to do other things are usually the busy ones, the day the F-22 and Belgian F-16s came through a couple years ago I had been co-opted in to waiting at my parents house for the arrival of a carpet fitter for their new carpet on the stairs. Saw all 3of those aircraft whizz on by from the comfort of their couch, partly envious, but warm, was a cold day that one, driving back to my place after which takes me along the road of the loop I reached the parts between what is known as cad east and cad West and the temp gauge had gone from 5 degrees at the bottom of the pass to 1 degree at the top, meaning it must have been minus something with wind chill at the top. Born and raised in that area and sadly it's not half as busy as it used to be, more photographers than aircraft these days.

Guest Maxim

We've probably shared a hill side at some point, though Corris Corner is my usual haunt. Last 2 visits back home drew blanks on the hill side though, fine weather if a little hazy and not a damn thing in the air other than the Buzzards, not much on the scanner either. Days I travel back home but elect to do other things are usually the busy ones, the day the F-22 and Belgian F-16s came through a couple years ago I had been co-opted in to waiting at my parents house for the arrival of a carpet fitter for their new carpet on the stairs. Saw all 3of those aircraft whizz on by from the comfort of their couch, partly envious, but warm, was a cold day that one, driving back to my place after which takes me along the road of the loop I reached the parts between what is known as cad east and cad West and the temp gauge had gone from 5 degrees at the bottom of the pass to 1 degree at the top, meaning it must have been minus something with wind chill at the top. Born and raised in that area and sadly it's not half as busy as it used to be, more photographers than aircraft these days.

Did the F-111's when based in UK use to use the loop? Love to see some photos of them screaming through.