A new 1/32 Tamiya F-14A/B/D Tomcat to end all debate and frustrations

timvkampen

I think if they listened to what we say, they'd be very confused.

They can't listen to a handful of cranks like us. Members here cry out for planes that even avid LSPers think are daft and of limited commercial value. When this is pointed out to folks asking for the obscure, their answer is always "yeah, but it would be so cool to have a Flying Batcrap 303," or "I don't care how many would sell, I'D BUY TWO."

I'm thankful that Tamiya puts out 32 scale planes at all. Would I buy an updated Tomcat? Hell, yeah. But I' over the moon they did three Corsairs when Revell of Germany is barely releasing anything at all, Trumpeter's stuff has dried up, and Hasegawa hasn't released a new kit in-- years? I'm not talking about reboxing or ones with a new set of decals. Hasegawa used to command this scale.

Guest Maxim

Hi Bill, I too find it interesting that the Trumpeter release schedule has dried up. They seem to be concentrating once again on 1/35 scale armor and ships.

You're both right and wrong about Trumpeter.

Their MiG-29s are pretty hot and I'm not sure they'd go completely amiss by producing something utterly whacky like a Wyvern.

But I'm still waiting for a Tamiya Tomcat - in 1/32 - though you are more likely to see an F-35-J

Tony

Guest Maxim

I think if they listened to what we say ,  they'd be very confused.

2c3Ltug.gif

And probably bankrupt as well!

Well, to be clear, I don't build modern jets, so I would probably not ever build a Tamiya Tomcat, but...if you consider it from a financial point of view, there will be a lot of new interest in them. A look at how much buzz the 1/48th kit generated, and the fact it's on sale everywhere, and at every show. Plus, Tamiya has just invested in the smaller kit with research and cad files. Tamiya can just revamp the old tomcat with a few updated molds, or possibly just upscale the 1/48th files. Now, I'm pretty certain the new Maverick movie will not have any Tomcats in it, but the movie will generate a lot of people seeing the old movie before they see the new one. So there will be quite a few modelers that have not built a model in years buying the kits, plus the diehards like this forum, as well a bunch of people that are not part of forums. I think it's a good investment for them. Just saying....

Guest Peterpools

My money is on Trumpeter - cramming boatloads of funds into the Devastator program for release by 2050!

Peter

Guest Maxim

My money is on Trumpeter - cramming boatloads of funds into the Devastator program for release by 2050!

Peter

Yea by time Trumpeter release the Devastator and the F-100F we'll all be retirement homes and they'll be no good to us.

C'mon guys, Tamiya DOES listen to us. That's why we've got 30,000 different versions of the F4U, BF-109, and FW-190!!!! I bet in 2019, they roll out the long awaited:

FW-190!

Tim

Tamiya has completely ignored Luftwaffe subjects in 1/32.  Considering how limited the options are for an early A series or Dora, a Butcher Bird would be most welcome.

Edited by Mikester

Yep, me too.

I'm reckoning on not seeing the Fly Su-7, Tan Model Su-33, or HKM F-4K either.

The "patience padua" crap is for those under fifty or those who are so intoxicated that they believe they are.

But lots of young people are desperately #new1/32models all the time

Tony

Guest Peterpools

Tony

Completely agree. Maybe models companies should put more emphasis on getting their product out the door and in the hands of the consumer, rather then endless promises and CAD photos which mean nothing. Nope, I’m not saying  rush the model out the door but rather do your homework and get it into production and then out the door.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools