Tamiya P51 Mustang

Vynce804

Ok I couldn't resist it any longer!  This was the first kit i bought when i started this great hobby a few years ago and it has been sat in my stash ever since.  The reason i didn't make it was firstly i wanted to practice on some other kits first before i had the confidence to tackle it and secondly i didn't know  until now what marking i wanted to do,  which is always important for me as i need to visualise something as I'm going along.  I have to say this is a really great kit and a complete pleasure to build  I've made a start on the cockpit and engine and I'm about ready to close the fuselage.  More instalments soon i hope.

Cheers

Matt

TMSdrWT.jpg

nY06bZc.jpg

YvI5KZN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

A little more progress.  The fuselage is together as are the wings and the  main wheel wells are painted but not weathered.  This kit is a dream to build,  so well engineered and the fit of the main components is very impressive.  Hopefully get the wings mated to the fuselage next and into paint before too long!  Cheers  Matt

UeJ7c0m.jpg

LxUz6Nx.jpg

fiV6ISF.jpg

vFbOb6R.jpg

Hi Mike,  good guess but I’m actually going to finish it as a 353rd fighter group machine.  19squadron did indeed have a similar black and yellow banded spinner but the colours are reversed when compared to the 353rd.

cheers

Matt