IDF M-3 Halftrack, Six Day War

TimW

Yet another side project.  This includes the AC Minis IDF paras set--comes as either two separate groups or a "deluxe" one that combines both.  I originally wanted to do a 1973 dio (still do), but the figures are just not there.  These, OTOH, are perfect for IDF Paras during the Six Day War.  You can see how it's been progressing.

PmpCCTg.jpg

W7WGzvh.jpg

Good job on the figgies. It takes a special talent/skill acquired or for figure painting, and lots and LOTS of practice. 

Thanks--it really makes/breaks a dio, IMO.

I did the "bug eyed/vitamin deficient" look for years before the Shep Paine book saved me re: the correct way to paint faces.   That said, I still have to 'wipe the slate' and start over with faces sometimes.

Thanks--it really makes/breaks a dio, IMO.

I did the "bug eyed/vitamin deficient" look for years before the Shep Paine book saved me re: the correct way to paint faces.   That said, I still have to 'wipe the slate' and start over with faces sometimes.

I literally wore out my 1st edition "How to Build Dioramas" book. I now have the 2nd issue of Shep's book and its still as amazing as it was 40 years ago when I was a kid.  Shep was and is the end all be all for dios IMHO.   The eyes are EVERYTHING for figgies. You could have THE best figure painted out there, and if the eyes are wrong, its over. Sheps "cross" eye painting technique saved me innumerable times. 

No, it's a Dragon 50th Anniversary boxing of their M-3.

http://www.amps-armor.org/SiteReviews/ShowReview.aspx?id=4011

OK, thanks. I've got the old Tamiya kit here, and it's really pretty decent, though I suspect the Dragon kit is better. I also had the Trumpeter 1:16 version, but had to sell it. I'll get another though, definitely, as it's my favorite WWII half-track.

OK, thanks. I've got the old Tamiya kit here, and it's really pretty decent, though I suspect the Dragon kit is better. I also had the Trumpeter 1:16 version, but had to sell it. I'll get another though, definitely, as it's my favorite WWII half-track.

The Dragon kit includes IDF-specific modifications (tool boxes, fuel tanks, .30 cal forward firing mount, etc) that the straight US version probably doesn't have.

It's worth it.

TW