Clive Collett's Sopwith Camel quick build

seiran01

Just finished Wingnut's Clerget-engined Camel, in the markings of NZ ace Clive Collett.

This one was a true quick build, about 20-25 hours work total, and involved multiple shortcuts in the interior to speed up the build. Now it gets carefully packed up and mailed back to NZ as a present for my uncle, who has built many propellers for TVAL's WWI air force :)

The propeller is a wooden Lang from Proper Plane (see my recent review on the PP propellers for more info) otherwise this is completely OOB with Tamiya paints used throughout.

The base is an Imex display case base, with 1:1 scale decals also from Wingnut Wings.

MoUwNZwh.jpg

kXnjmzKh.jpg

HA394VKh.jpg

Beautiful Camel, and very well presented. :goodjob:

This one was a true quick build, about 20-25 hours work total, and involved multiple shortcuts in the interior to speed up the build.

Even more impressive, that looks like a lot more than 25 hours work.  I don't recall seeing a build thread, did I miss it?  I'd be interested to see these shortcuts.

Edited by MikeC

Guest Peterpools

Beautiful build and presentation. Completely agree with Mike, the Camel looks as if she required a lot more then 25 hours of work as the build is simply stellar.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools