Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

As some of you may already know, Maketar SHOP has been offline for a month now, we're sorry about that but there were things that had to be done, for the sake of all of us.

1. GDPR compliance - huge and important thing, requires time and effort plus of course legal advice on everything 
2. SSL and HTTPS connection from now on
3. Under the hood system update and upgrade, cart system and everything that makes it work
4. Visual design tweaks, mainly for easier navigation and browsing experience
5. Responsiveness - this one has been waiting for too long. Use of our old web shop was rather painful or even impossible on mobile devices with smaller screens. Not anymore! 
6. Various minor tweaks

Majority of work has already been finished, i would say some 95% but we are still into testing and fine tuning things. 
Yes, i have said that the web shop will be up and running past weekend but we're just not ready yet. Again, apologies!

So, after going trough everything with developers team, more accurate estimate is Saturday, July 14th. This 2 week delay is mostly caused by holidays on our side and not so much due to technical reasons, otherwise we would start taking orders and dispatching like 10 days later...

Also, at least 1 new set is guaranteed to be available now, Tamiya F4U-1D (60327).

Now, another important thing, those of you who subscribed to our newsletter mailing list are no longer there (hello GDPR!) so i would kindly ask those willing to re-subscribe by following bellow link:

We will use this to inform everyone once we are online and ready!

- SUBSCRIBE HERE -

And as last thing, we may need some help with website testing and spotting eventual glitches, subject to a nice shop discount of course! ;-)

Apologies for delays and many thanks for your understanding and patience,

Alek

Edited by Maketar Productions

Posted (edited)

Alek:  Happy to help with the website review.  I've done some of this work as part of my day job so feel free to PM me on what you'd like done and when.

Chris

Edited by CANicoll

Very nice Alek! Glad to hear you're getting it all back up. Will gladly help test out the new ordering system 

Thanks guys!

Will let you know once we're back ;-)

Cant register on the site. Keeps on failing the security check.

Hi Gerhard,

Cant register on which site? Website if currently offline, no register form?

Or having troubles subscribing to newsletter?

Thanks,

Alek

The D Corsair? Really? That's actually the version I want. Thank you!!

Yep, the D one :-) the one you asked for ;-)

Many thanks,

Alek

Will you be restocking at Sprue Brothers or does that require them to place an order with you ?

I'm ready to place an order right now, but the website says one more week. :fight: :fight: :fight:

I have to order something from Sprue Bros. and don't know if their prices for remaining items in-stock are less, the same or more than the website ones??

Just subscribed

Totally feel you about GDPR i just had to do dome major system changes at my company too. 

Happy to help you test if you need. I a software engineer.

BTW all email from the subcription process and the anouncement of your new website went strait to spam

Thank Neo!

Well, one of the reasons i decided to go with MailChimp from now on, apart from GDPR, was to avoid blacklists and spam folders, but like with any IP you send mails from, if enough MailChimp emails are marked as spam by some people, there is a chance some other people's emails will end up in spam as well... at least to my knowledge.

Yes, i will need someone to test mainly the layout and functionality of the website on different devices, will le ya know when i am ready.

Many thanks,

Alek 

Hey Alek

For the email issue. In 90% of the cases its that you have to add the mail chimp to your valid smtp server. We often runninto this when using in house server to send email. We have ti white list the server has a valid source. Im sure mailchimp has a tutorial or resourse since they are quite popular

Hope this helps