deHavilland Mosquito NF: FINISHED !

Erwin

I too have one of these that just sits in the stash. Not sure if I will ever build it, but at the time I concluded that if modellers didn't buy this, Airfix would never do another 1/24 since they had taken so long to do this one. I rather expect that the HK Lanc may suffer the same fate with many remaining unbuilt.

Steve

23 hours ago, Gerhard said:

So many people on Youtube that started a build thread, never completing. I watched 35 episodes of one and then .... boom. Nothing. 

Seems like an endurance build. 700 parts +/-

It all depends on how you build it.I don't add engines.That alone takes out two spreus.Also no bombs or rockets in the NF.Another two.

This could be done by me in two months.But It's to hot now in Belgium.My hobby-room is like an oven.

And like all my other builds it's all about the "overall look".If it looks,flies,and hums like a mosquito. Then it's a mosquito !

Edited by Erwin

11 hours ago, dmthamade said:

Lots of parts on the build!! Looks like fast progress on the wing. Are you going to brush paint this one? Could you do me a favour? Next time you take a pic of the wing, can you include a paint bottle in the pic so we can get a perspective on how large this build is?

Don

Hi,

It's going to be brush painted.A mix of 50/50%  Revell satin and matt black.

The wing is 69 cm.Fuselage 53 cm

foto van Erwin Hallemeesch.

1 hour ago, Bradleygolding said:

... Airfix would never do another 1/24 ...

Steve

I would realy like Airfix to do a 1/24 th B-P Defiant !  It would be a nice addition to their other RAF kits.

Edited by Erwin

The main build is complete.

Now comes the big task of painting this beast overall black by brush !

My hat off to anyone that builds this kit "full display" It's a very complex kit with all those small parts.:bow:

Mine is more like the Revell kit.Just with bigger parts.I made it easy.

foto van Erwin Hallemeesch.

Edited by Erwin

7 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

That's really looking impressive there Erwin. 

I can't wait to see the paint go on. 

Carl

I'm placing the painting of this one on hold for a while.

To hot for paint during summer in my hobby-room.I fear the paint will dry to fast before I can get a nice finish.

I have untill the end of November to finish this.

I might  start another fast build in this GB.One of the simple old Revell kits.

Let's see...Me-262,Me-110,Beaufighter,Hurricane IIc.Even the ex-matchbox Lysander.And maybe the Mosquito too.:hmmm:

Any other Revell oldies that fit this GB ?

Edited by Erwin

I have read this a couple of times now, are companies going to far with all the detail to the detriment of the model actually being completed. I must admit ( apologies door thread creep) just finished a Takom Male IV, beautiful sponson artillery, can’t even see them bar the barrel on the completed kit......

I think your spot on with your build the lines of the Mossie are exquisite. Looking forward to the next stage.

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

I have read this a couple of times now, are companies going to far with all the detail 

All new kits are "full detail" now. It's a new trend.

I wonder if they could  produce a full display and closed version of their kits. Making them cheaper for those that only build closed models.

Just a matter of rearraging their molds ?

Just leaving the cockpit as full detail. 

I don't like spending half a year on just one model because of all the small detail.

But,that does not mean I don't appreciate the work done by others that do build full-display.:bow:

Like the Mossy. I have half the (small) parts left over.That's a lot of plastic.

Edited by Erwin

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

All new kits are "full detail" now. It's a new trend.

I wonder if they could  produce a full display and closed version of their kits. Making them cheaper for those that only build closed models.

Just a matter of rearraging their molds ?

Just leaving the cockpit as full detail. 

I don't like spending half a year on just one model because of all the small detail.

But,that does not mean I don't appreciate the work done by others that do build full-display.:bow:

Like the Mossy. I have half the (small) parts left over.That's a lot of plastic.

Yup!!!! I get the full detail is desired by many modellers, but i leave most all of it in the box, too. Done some builds where half  the sprues didn't get touched. What size/type of brush do you use on a build that size? I'd be tempted to break out a roller...

Don