Battle of Britain BF-110C Stab./ZG 26

Uncarina

Here's a shelf of doom rescue that must be a record for me: eight years! Once I purchased a second Dragon kit I knew I had to build this one. AIMS and EagleCals decals (each depicts the same subject aircraft, I went with the AIMS interpretation), and Quickboost exhausts. I had originally completed about 90% of the kit, intending to build a waspen version, changed my mind to build a Battle of Britain version, left it unpainted and in storage until recently. RLM 02, 65, and 71 overall, using Tamiya paints and my trusty Aztek airbrush. A few mods: turned the rudders and extended the slats. I weathered with Flory washes, Prismacolor pencils, and Mig's Europe Dust pastel powder. Now, back to my originally scheduled build!

Cheers, Tom

qZ9OOLK.jpg

Lyq9CrY.jpg

xbr6lIV.jpg

TZwCerx.jpg

mZwUmEr.jpg

FOtMXGL.jpg

817RhE9.jpg

Edited by Uncarina

You got a beauty there!

Excellent photography as well. Makes me glad I got one of those Dragon kits!

The clarity of your canopy is striking!

Tom, thanks very much! I used a tripod for my Sony RX-10 with a remote trigger. As for the canopy, I am amazed that it ended up clear, with all of the banging around it received in the box! Almost forgot: I used Montex masks for the inside and outside.

Cheers, Tom

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Outstanding work and what a superb finish: cammo and light weathering are spot on the money.

Absolutely first class work and so glad you recused the Big 110 from the Doom

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Tom

Outstanding work and what a superb finish: cammo and light weathering are spot on the money.

Absolutely first class work and so glad you recused the Big 110 from the Doom

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Peter, thanks so much! I was attempting not to overdo it, which is easy to do. I'm satisfied at another rescue, it does feel different than completing one start to finish.

Cheers, Tom

Really nifty. I would say the nose is a bit too white to replicate the photo's tones, but that a quibble and nothing more.

Bill thanks! It appears that these aircraft had a thin whitewash marking on the front, and I agree that I could tone down the white, though when I increased the photo contrast it really made it pop more than it actually appears. I might go back and tone it down a bit at some point.

Cheers, Tom