For you Green Tail Trilogy owners

Gazzas

Ordered!  Thanks for posting that.......................I actually have some of that Tamiya tape, but with going around corners that tight, I found sometimes even that Tam tape can pull up a bit  I normally would paint things like this instead of decals, but for small thin lines like this that need to stay uniform the whole time to look correct, sometimes decals can come off looking cleaner IMHO. 

There certainly is more than one way to skin that cat.  With the Tamiya tape, you have to paint quickly after laying the tape, before it can lift on the tighter corners.  The decals, you may have lift problems or you might not.  With masks, you'd want them made specifically for your kit, and if making your own you'd have to make sure they measured up...  then you'd want to be able to share/sell them for all the effort you put in to have the curves right.

...either way, with all of those other Jasta tails out there, I probably won't be rushing back to Jasta 5 for a long time.

Gaz

Thanks for sharing!  I actually bought Tamiya flexible tape JUST to look at how I might paint the red edges...

That stuff is really good, it makes painting 1/350 Russian sub waterlines very easy.

Some ppl have mentioned problems with the Tamiya tape lifting.  To reduce lift, try using more than one piece of tape for the entire surface.  For instance on each side of the D.V rudder, I used three pieces of Tamiya Flexible tape to reduce tension.  I used four pieces on both sides of the elevator.  At the overlap I used a little bit of liquid mask to keep paint from getting under.

Call me cheap/frugal/paying a mortgage.  After a while I just don't want to buy every sort of upgrade available.

But I did just receive some HGW fabric seat belts for future WWI kits.

Gaz