List of large scale Golden Era aircraft

ericg

This list is a far cry from the 1990's when I started to acquire all the different models available in 1/32 scale.

25 years ago we had but a few, including all the planes, not just the few between the wars.

If this keeps up I'll have to move my family into a motel room and convert the home into a warehouse.

:help:  :frantic:  :mental:

Maybe it is time to cut back?

:punk:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

To answer:

NEVER!

​You gotta remember the builder/collector's motto:

"Models are like Jello-there is always room for one more"

Edited by Gigant

I had a scrounge through the stash and found all of these which will be built one day!

IMG_2668-X3.jpg

And to further add to your interest, here is the decal website dedicated to the "Yellow Wings" era planes in 1/32 scale:

http://yellow-wingsdecals.com/decals/index.php/1-32-decals.html

Notice, you could build a Kitty Hawk Kingfisher dressed out as one as well. ;)

Edited by Gigant

I had a scrounge through the stash and found all of these which will be built one day!

IMG_2668-X3.jpg

The one you can get out of the « to do Â» list isbthe Lindberg Laird Turner Meteor, at keast if you want to keep a constant scale ...

As for the stash of Golden Age kits, I don't dare show mine...Let's say it has all of these, and then a « few Â» more ;)

Hubert

Has anyone mentioned the Curtis JN-4 Jenny?   Feathered in 2 Gary Cooper movies.  'Task Force' and 'The Court Marshall of Billy Mitchell'.  Beautiful airplane, but not very popular with the modelling community.

Has anyone mentioned the Curtis JN-4 Jenny?   Feathered in 2 Gary Cooper movies.  'Task Force' and 'The Court Marshall of Billy Mitchell'.  Beautiful airplane, but not very popular with the modelling community.

Is it available in 1/32 scale Patrick? I am trying to keep the list to what is actually available

Not looked at 'Task Force', but the "Jennies" in The Court Marshall of Billy Mitchell' are actually Standard J1s.

Steve

Is it available in 1/32 scale Patrick? I am trying to keep the list to what is actually available

No, not that I'm aware of.  Sorry, my mistake

Not looked at 'Task Force', but the "Jennies" in The Court Marshall of Billy Mitchell' are actually Standard J1s.

Steve

Thanks for that correction.  Now I must google J1s.  I'm still learning about those kites. Task Force, excellent movie BTW.  The early part is set during the Golden Age, and the Navy's struggle to establish Naval aviation.  I can't think of a Cooper movie that I have not liked.