JG300 Red 12 Bf 109 G-6/R-6 Bonn-Hangelar 1943 (Now Complete)

So here's my first entry to the GB.

JG300 Red 12 Bf 109 G-6/R-6 Bonn-Hangelar 1943, a great messy scheme to work with.

IMaIlam.jpg

DF3onsi.jpg

Using the Trumpeter kit as a base simply because I can open the engine up and its fully riveted already.

iCpaV3Q.jpg

xftM4nd.jpg

Got the owl PE acoustic pipes and a Reever prop.

fmAzyHV.jpg

HGW fabric seatbelts via Eduard (slightly cheaper option) and Makatar masks.

O3rZXo1.jpg

Edited by Wackyracer

Never heard of the Ebersparcher acoustic exhaust pipes, what is different about them? I remember building a Nightfighter 109 a long time ago, built extended exhaust shields for it but never heard of acoustic pipes.

Don

These ‘whistles' provided an audible alarm signal to alert an airfield and its flak batteries that a wilde Sau night fighter was operating in the vicinity and that they should not be fired upon!

These ‘whistles' provided an audible alarm signal to alert an airfield and its flak batteries that a wilde Sau night fighter was operating in the vicinity and that they should not be fired upon!

Too bad the Allies couldnt have figured that out and attached whistles to their stuff!  Seemed the WS missions did not last long enough for masses of them to be fitted 

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the Owl PE flame dampers and worked on the acoustic whistles but the just seemed too large and not that well refined, so made my own from sprue and plasti card.

2ZB9etm.jpg

LY70s7n.jpg

bnzJA8x.jpg

The set about putting some paint down in the pit

bjD3xcC.jpg

hq7p72b.jpg

Decal for the display attached (yes I got a bit of yellow overspray on the bottom D'Oh) but hopefully wont be noticed once the top is in place.

trU38XO.jpg

The top is clear plastic so masksol the dials then sprayed

zsdtuRT.jpg