Gewehr 43

G43's Choose Your Own Adventure Build Log!

Aircraft  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which aircraft should I build?

• Hasegawa 08249 - A6M7 Zero
    • Hasegawa 08077 - P-47D Thunderbolt
    • Hasegawa 08074 - Ki-84 Frank
    • Trumpeter 02227 - P-38L Lightning
    • HKM 01E01 - B-25J Mitchell (Glass Nose)

Posted (edited)

Hi, everyone!  Having just finished up my USS Chevalier build, I built a couple of nice, simple 1/35 armor subjects and am ready to get them to the paint booth.  Despite the fact that those will be a few weeks till they're completed, I'm already looking forward to my next LSP build.  I've got a decent number of kits lying around and, as always, I'm having a hard time landing (no pun intended) on which one I'd like to do next.  

So, that's where you come in!  For the next few weeks, until the armor kits are painted and complete, I'm going to leave a poll open with a couple of the front runners that I'd like to try.  Take a look at the list and give a vote.  Once I wrap up my armor, I'll dive into whichever kit you guys say I should do next.  At that point, I'll update the thread title and get down to business.  

I'm primarily an out-of-the-box type of builder, so don't expect any major PE or scratch work on any of these.  Although I do have some small aftermarket bits for a couple of the kits, the add-ons won't necessarily be the focus.  

Happy voting!

Edited by Gewehr 43

I’d be all about the Glassnose PBJ, but as I’ve discovered with my own PBJ cannon nose build, you need piles upon piles of AM, and the build quickly turns into a PE bendfest.

Agreed, Troy.  That's why she's on the list.  I tried to put a few options in the poll that you don't see every day.  I have Mustangs, 109s, and 190s in the stash too, but these are things you don't see built every day around here.  So, hoping for a little variety.  Also, I've never done a Japanese subject before and, after the Chevalier, I'm on a big PacWar kick right now.

Okay, final bump before the decision tomorrow.  I'll call it sometime before 10pm EDT.  Right now it looks like the Thunderbolt and Lightning (very very frightening) are neck and neck.

Well there's nothing wrong with a  Thunderbolt or Lightning...:blowup:

Good luck with whichever you decide. I will have the  :beer4: ready ....

Next time   after this.... do the ZERO.:evil_laugh:

I've always liked contrasting models (late v early Spitfire,  Mosquito v HE219) so a good contrast would be the sheer bulk and power of the Lightningbolt v the delicate appearance of the Zero. Whatever you build, hope you enjoy.