Sign in to follow this  
TBC

Spray painting in a Condo or Townhouse

ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have this exact set up and I spray down in the basement and don't even vent it outside, and there is almost ZERO smell or paint fumes, and my wife has a nose like a Beagle,, this one works like a charm, and I use ENAMELS.... this is THE way to go.... you can have the option to vent it out a window if you like... I got mine thru Micro Mark tools..... AND they have their Spring Sale on right now, it retails for $129.95 and is on sale for $ 99.95 , I just got the email....

Jeff,

Looks like that's going to be the way to go. How noisy is the fan?

Posted (edited)

RZhhul.jpg

Hard to make out in the clip from my setup when I sprayed my car.  But the plastic "tube" was a duct I made from sheet plastic.  If comes from the vent fan in the garage.  It is taped to the top of the bucket so all fumes and overspray is forced through the bucket.  It's very hard to make out in the photo, but if you look closely you can see the small green hoses leading to the spray heads.  There is a "manifold" that converts the garden hose connection to the system that breaks it out into the individual heads.

Edited by ScottsGT

Jeff,

Looks like that's going to be the way to go. How noisy is the fan?

TBC, Looks like a lot of good advice here, I will confess the fan is a little noisy, BUT I am standing an arms length away from it..... probably about as bad as the fan in your car on high, for me that is not a real big deal as it is only on a short time...... you can't hear it in the other room.....and you won't need any ear muffs...... I really like mine, and the other good point with this one, you can add a second booth to it, and make it a double size......folds up beautifully, although again I just leave mine............. I'd definitely buy another one.... let us know how it works out, quite interested....