WNW Albatros DV 'Richthofen'

aircare84

3 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Tempting but I have a bunch of WNW Albatros aircraft kits.

Me too, but it didn't stop me from getting another. Can't help myself. I'm not even big into Red Baron but can't pass up another Alb.

I don't have it in yet (Thurs I think) but looking at the resin figure pics online, it looks great overall but I've always thought he had trimmed/shaved or very short hair on the sides. The figure looks like fuller thick hair with an obvious poofiness step even on sides?

Edited by ziggyfoos

On August 13, 2018 at 9:14 PM, ziggyfoos said:

Me too, but it didn't stop me from getting another. Can't help myself. I'm not even big into Red Baron but can't pass up another Alb.

I don't have it in yet (Thurs I think) but looking at the resin figure pics online, it looks great overall but I've always thought he had trimmed/shaved or very short hair on the sides. The figure looks like fuller thick hair with an obvious poofiness step even on sides?

I think it looks pretty good overall.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-o30_znhArXCEpNTHmQz

4StM-8-G024%20row%201%20no%204%20L-R%20W

54601%201~32%20Manfred%20von%20Richthofe

54601%201~32%20Manfred%20von%20Richthofe

Edited by ringleheim

Ha ha. That is hilarious Gaz.  Honest and to the point.  There should be some 55 gallon petrol tanks rolling down on this guys Patton tank painted in German markings.  Somewhere in the Mojave desert, obviously.   

No disrespect intended to the figure originator.  He must have had Manfred’s grandfathers picture mixed up in the collection.   Just kindly saying.     

I suspect that it's quite difficult to get the face of a known personality absolutely correct, but Good absolutely nailed it with his Werner Voss figure. There is more than one Voss figure on the market, but this, in my opinion, is the absolute best of the lot, no question about it.

0mBpt6.jpg

5 hours ago, Snowbird3a said:

ringleheim,  first photo is of Lothar von Richthofen

Ha.  I was just thinking that didn't look like Manfred.  

Does look a lot like his brother though.

There are some excellent resin figures out there that totally capture the look of famous people.

It all comes down to the skill of the person doing the sculpt.

On 8/14/2018 at 3:58 AM, Gazzas said:

I mean...   great effort.  But none of them ever look like the subject's photos.

Might as well be this guy:

c7f8e36ee8029757ce4939b3e59cf408.jpg

Ahh yes Baron von Shaw.

Already ordered.  Because you can't have too many Albatri.

Figure painting can be a challenge, especially hair.  I also have a Richthofen figure with his dog (I think from the Model Cellar).  He's wearing a hat, so I have options...

Tim W

I've never seen the other MvR figures.  But the face is too fleshy and as quite common with many figures, the hands too broad.  I was watching a doco on the Red Baron not too long ago, and the guy playing the Baron in the final flight scene was a *ahem* quite fleshy.  Holliwierd has done much give us a bad image of those "evil" Germans.