Squadron eaglequest 2018

The Dude

Guest Clunkmeister

Agreed, that Jasta 5 diorama was the star of the show. It was truly stunning.

The building, cars, aircraft, figures, service equipment, scenery, everything was to a super high standard.

The Dude got silver for his mosquito, and I think 2 golds for his two Corsairs. Ernie got the eagle for his Felixstowe. I got a bronze for the Snipe and gold for my Corsair.

Thanks for the response, Tony. Sorry I missed you and mark, would have been good to get a team photo with all of us. All the LSP guys had very nice work showing, and I'm glad they all got some bling.

Guest Clunkmeister

I didn't see anyone I knew while I was there, traffic was pretty light, only about a dozen people when I was there around 11:30

I was there then, I thought I might have seen you across the room, but it was a quick glimpse.

Tony was there as well.

The Dude got silver for his mosquito, and I think 2 golds for his two Corsairs. Ernie got the eagle for his Felixstowe. I got a bronze for the Snipe and gold for my Corsair.

Yup, I also got a gold for my ' Mimmi' fokker D VII but my 2 1/48 jets got smoked. I think overall the LSP guys represented well. Was the snipe in 'ootb' yours? If so that was really nice.  :coolio:

I didn't realize that D.VII was yours. I certainly voted for it because it was amazing. Yes, the Snipe, the blue and red Pfalz, and Corsiar were my 3.

Sounds like pretty good showing!

Who is going to Nats?  Not bringing anything but the winds are saying we will be significantly down on vendors this year.  I know we have the indomitable MARU coming over from the UK to feel how heat REALLY feels ( hang in there MARU! ).

Shows are a good time to catch up with you all.  And then there is Telford...

Chris

Guest Clunkmeister

In jets, the story was 1/48 Tamiya Tomcats. There were plenty on the tables, as well as F-15s and F-16s, all done to a very high standard.

Matter of fact, there wasn't one single 1/32 scale jet anywhere on the tables, which was a crying shame.

1/32 scale just isn't popular here, there's just three or four of us around here who work in that scale.

1/48 is king here, and the poor misguided folks around here won't even consider anything different.

Not even a Russian jet, of which there was only one, in 1/48 of course, on the OOB table.

Guest Clunkmeister

Yup. 1/32 scale is poorly represented.

In IPMS shows around here, 1/32 is usually one class grouped together, or two classes, Props and Jets. It's pretty darn sad. :-)

Ernke:

I do remember at Nats last year we had a pretty good showing.  Hopefully this year we'll have another good showing.  But even at our own club meetings 1/48 and 1/32 are lumped into the same category. :-(

CN